306 2.0 hdi 16v

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 2.0 hdi 16v
Did you build it with a super thick gasket?
JP
Thanks given by:

Other 2.0 HDi 16v from portugal using a 6 gearbox.
Thanks given by:
Isso é o carro do Filipe.

And no. I did use a 3 notch gasket. I will today see I cams are properly timed
Thanks given by:
Be warned, the inlet cam on the 16v engine can fall out of time due to the press fit chain drive on the inlet cam slipping...

[Image: 2009-12-16_000413_cams_1.JPG]

That's how it should be Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
cams where comfirmed today, and they are ok. also did the compression test on my 307 2.0 hdi with same gauge and same result 200 psi.

maybe gauge is not good?
Thanks given by:
sounds like it, more importantly is the differences between cylinders rather than actual numbers unless you buy a really expensive gauge.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
What welshpug said ^^ If all cylinders are the same, id not be massively concerned, far more likely to be a testing issue than a compression issue... Does it fire right up with no glow plugs?

What is the situation with the mapping? Have you tried it on a bone stock 16v map and seen if its making stock power?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Engine don't have glow plugs lol, I put bolts instead. No need for them...
I will try a stock rhw map to see how it goes. Maybe this is a timing problem
Thanks given by:
The reason I asked is because if the compression WAS down that much it wouldn't start like that, so must be gauge thats out...

I would get a normal map on first, to make sure the map isnt screwing things over...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
How far do the glow plugs protude? Could account for lower comp if you have more volume now they are replaced with bolts. But as said if they are all within similar values it doesn't point to anything suspicious.
Thanks given by:
Values on all 4 piston are até 200 psi, there is no diference on them. Did the test also on my 307 and same results. Maybe this shitty gauge is not going over the 200 psi mark. Also I a only done 4000/ 5000km since engine was built
Thanks given by:
5000km is more than enough to wear enough to get up to full compression.

I don't think compression is the problem - I'd say it's more timing - have you adjusted the timing map at all? What are your values for timing?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Today I put standard rhw soi maps on it. I will do some test runs to see if there is any difference

Something is not good here. If not compression maybe injectors angle??
Thanks given by:
More bad news, turbo is dead...
Will take it off today to see what's happened
Thanks given by:
Change engine and a month later turbo broken. ...
Thanks given by:
Oh no, bad news, you think this is related to the power / smoke problems?

Hopefully you can source a new turbo without too much trouble
Thanks given by:
i already am waitting for a new gt1852v cartridge.

Lets see if power output goes up. i am getting a bit disappointed, so much work on this
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a right nightmare Sad But from my experience things always go wrong before they go right...So hang in there!

Let us know what has acaully failed with the turbo...so we can figure out what has caused the issue...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
i can only thing on the welding... maybe the welding killed the turbo??

Mr James ( Jammaoic) says my cuurent mapping couldnt do this.
Thanks given by:
Boas amigo, azares acontecem .. a mim também me aconteceu ao inicio, é o mal dos carros modificados !

Não me cheira que seja da soldadura, julgo que tenhas o turbo soldado ao colector .. Eu na minha soldei uma falange e meti uma junta no colector, mas o problema não estará ai que andam ai muitos assim e problemas com isso nada ...

Verificaste se o turbo estava em condições antes de o montar ? alimentação de óleo ? e pressões que estava a fazer ?

O 1852v é um turbo porreiro, tens é que aplicar ai um 1756vk. Tongue

Abraço.

(sorry for the text in portuguese, but i couldn't send a PM and it's easier to talk with my portuguese m8)

Said that the welding wasn't a problem, btw i did it in a different way, with a flange welded in the exhaust manifold and a gasket to fit the turbo. (easier to remove)

Maybe the turbo wasn't in good condition when he installed it ... too much pressure maybe ... some leak in the oil supply ...
Thanks given by:
Is there an EGT gauge on the car?

Especially if there is a Variable Nozzle Turbocharger on there, I would get an exhaust manifold pressure gauge in there - at least for testing, this is what can seriously damage turbos even if boost levels seem all OK.

I don't really have any experience with the 1852V - but from memory is from a Nissan YD22DDTi?
Thanks given by:
1852v is from the mercedes c220 cdi
Thanks given by:
I bought turbo used 4 years ago and had no problem on 8 v engine. it came from a 220 cdi
Thanks given by:
Did more testing today and the results are a bit confusing.
Pp2000 connected to the car an got this:
- going at free way 2000/2100 rpm, 20 mm3 diesel car is going good and I raised mm3 to 30 no or little change in power. I press a bit more throttle to 50 mm3 and still little power increase. When o press full throttle car pulls good

It's like the I put more diesel then the stock 90 hp and I got little response in power
Thanks given by:
What are smoke levels like at 50mm3/str??

Also, what injectors are you using?? Where are they from??
Thanks given by:
--Injectors are from the 4hx 2.2 hdi and the head too.

--Smoke levels at 50/60 mm^3 stroke are none.

--I always get the feeling the the angle of this injectors are the problem or very bad injectors
Thanks given by:
Angle is correct... Same bowl design as the RHW. Does sound like possibly bad injectors... I assume you've put the calibrations from the 4HX engine in the RHY ECU...
Thanks given by:
Yes I did put calibrations from 4hx.
I also noticed that 4hx as a bigger bowl then my rhr pistons
Thanks given by:
new info to add here, got a injector from a 2.0 HDI 16V RHR siemens engine, crack it open and on the nozzle tip i found
SIEMENS CP0332437274
M601 P 153 1188

is the P 153 show degrees????

[Image: 20141107_191120.jpg]
screenshot windows

[Image: 20141107_191131.jpg]
screen shot

[Image: 20141107_191140.jpg]
image url upload

[Image: 20141107_191143.jpg]
how to capture screen

[Image: 20141107_191148.jpg]
image hosting site no sign up
Thanks given by:
Any ideas on this? ? Could te the P 153 show degrees? ? If so this could be my problem
Thanks given by: