Engine Undertray - who still has theirs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Undertray - who still has theirs?
(05-03-2014, 10:13 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Its funny this thread should arrise. I did a canbelt on a hdi the other week..it was the first 306 in all the years ive been messing with them to have the full undertray fitted ! With original clips !

Cheers Darren Wink haha!

I was surprised to find that it had one on when I bought it.
With all the original clips still intact I was surprised Smile
Thanks given by:
The question burning in my head would be whether it had never been removed before because nobody could be bothered to service it :p

My Cabriolet had one, but none of my other 306s have. I guess the Cab had an easier life and did far fewer miles which would have helped. PM going out to Scott...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm too low for an undertray
Thanks given by:
Never even seen one, they are a pain in the ass on most cars though!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I still have mine Smile did have original mounting points with a few bolts until I started messing ahaaa it has since fell off but I still have it so it can be cable tied back on Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Those of you that have undertrays....is it noticeable when driving with one compared to without? Less noise or anything? More MPG maybe? lol
Thanks given by:
Was told that they were only fitted to certain models/specs, depending on how sensitive the onboard electrics are to outside influence/water ingress. A new ones about £40 on flee bay, and given the fact the front wiring looms are known to suffer, it could be a reason why, if removed/missing. They Also lend a helping hand in protecting the power steering pipes, exposed under the sump, with those nasty looking steel to rubber rusty crimps. I was considering making one out of sheet Ally. What do you guys think?. :-)
Thanks given by:
Wish mine had one took out air filter today and bottom was full of water :o
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 08:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Those of you that have undertrays....is it noticeable when driving with one compared to without? Less noise or anything? More MPG maybe? lol

After 316k miles mines still in place with the original clips and bolts.

It does make the engine quieter.
Thanks given by:
I have one, Came on my 6, out of the 12 306's that have passed through my owner ship its the only one to have one, But...... its currently hung on my garage wall, CBA to take it on and off every 5 mins lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
My vectra had one but it smashed into a million pieces whilst overtaking a lorry on a dual carriageway... Low cars ftl
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 08:41 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 08:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Those of you that have undertrays....is it noticeable when driving with one compared to without? Less noise or anything? More MPG maybe? lol

After 316k miles mines still in place with the original clips and bolts.

It does make the engine quieter.

Impressive to have survived so long! Considering most with just a 3rd of the mileage have lost them lol.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 06:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'm too low for an undertray

My lower strut brace would sit an inch below a undertray...

yeah...i wouldnt suggest you fit one!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 11:37 AM)Frosty Wrote: Under trays are 1 of the most annoying things on cars these days when working on them. It can take longer to take and refit the under tray than it does to do an oil change on a car. On some of the newer Peugeots they put captive bolts into plastic and they just rip out. So a lot of the time under trays are held up with more cable ties than bolts.

Couldnt agree more, nuisance of a thing 90% of the time.

I dont have one on my 306 never seen one on any either.
Thanks given by:
Still have mine on, attached with all the original fittings after 140k
Thanks given by:
My ph 1 gti had one and so has my hdi estate.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Mine got torn off by me just fell apart.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Still got mine on my estate Smile

Had to rip the one off the hatchback as the captive nut in the rear of the subframe broke loose so the only way to get it of was to break it up.
Thanks given by:
Got one in the shed I got for free going to butcher it to fit over the strut brace
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-93...0373822080

doesn't seem bad providing it actually turns up Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty cheap and flimsy to me! Confused

So matches Peugeot pretty well I guess... Itwasntme lol
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 04:14 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-93...0373822080

doesn't seem bad providing it actually turns up Smile

Looks to me as though it doesn't cover that front wiring loom... May have to extend it "IF" I get one Undecided
Thanks given by:
Took mine off, was in the way....
Thanks given by:
Looks factory shape to me.
Thanks given by:
145k still got mine
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine for the rallye is in the garden if that counts Smile
Thanks given by:
None of mine have had an undertray, but if they did, I'd probably just take it off anyway! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just serviced my hdi, 197k and still with undertray and original bolts :-D
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I've bought some better plated versions of those spring clip nut things and some stainless bolts as the last oil change one of the nut clip things rusted solid and I had to cut the bolt off, even though I had cooper greased the buggers last time I had them off.

I'm also going to replace the ones on the front bumper tab where they meet the body.
Thanks given by:
I had one on my 126k hdi with all the clips right up until my father snapped it off in a piss fit whilst doing some work on my car, where it is now is anyone's guess ha ha
Thanks given by: