The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
So CJ, I just nerd to commit carbicide before and after the gym.

Sounds easy! I'm not really bothered how I look. Just want to get a bit bigger.

I think I'm 11stone odd and 5.11 13stone would be ideal for me
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 01:09 PM)Just Sean Wrote: So CJ, I just nerd to commit carbicide before and after the gym.

Sounds easy! I'm not really bothered how I look. Just want to get a bit bigger.

I think I'm 11stone odd and 5.11 13stone would be ideal for me

What are you ACTUALLY doing at the gym?

What program?

How many days?

Strength/Cardio/Strength/Cardio/Strength/Rest/Rest?

If you want to get bigger then avoid cardio where possible and concentrate purely on lifting heavy.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Want to get bigger? EAT! Simples. To which I normally get, "but I do eat a lot". Not enough my friend
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Deadlift 220kg
Flat bench 185kg
Dumbell press 65kg

:p

Bearing in mind in 5ft10 currently weighin in at 15st8
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's a strong bench cj. I'm just hitting 140kg at 13 1/2 stone lol.
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
220kg deadlift!? Fuuuuck, that's like 4 of me!

I suppose it makes engine changes easy, don't need to bother hiring a crane, you can just pick it up.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Going 5 days a week. Max effort 8 reps 3 sets.
Thanks given by:
I feel much more healthy now (doing cycling and a bit of running) compared to when I was hitting the gym and eating 5 meals a day + protein shakes trying to bulk up. It feels good to put on weight but at the same time the hassle of constantly having to eat and always feeling full got tiring. Respect to people who stick at it though.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
My pbs. Deadlift 220kg, bench 160kg, clean and jerk 120kg, snatch 95kg.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I got a vid of 220kg deadlift on insta more to come soon ie big arse leg press Wink
Thanks given by:
Got a question for you guys, when I'm pushing it on the weights, always seem to get headache, starting to piss me off abit now. What can I do to stop it happening?

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 10:10 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Got a question for you guys, when I'm pushing it on the weights, always seem to get headache, starting to piss me off abit now. What can I do to stop it happening?

Really? That isn't normal..

I'd consult your GP.

Eat properly, take multivitamins for well being & omega oil for your joints. This probably won't help but is just a good thing to do..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 10:13 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(25-11-2013, 10:10 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Got a question for you guys, when I'm pushing it on the weights, always seem to get headache, starting to piss me off abit now. What can I do to stop it happening?

Really? That isn't normal..

I'd consult your GP.

Eat properly, take multivitamins for well being & omega oil for your joints. This probably won't help but is just a good thing to do..

Its only when im pushing it with the weights, personal trainer said it's probably a tension headache from the strain im putting my self under, Think is im only getting it when im pushing my self but if i take it steady im ok, but i wanna be pushing my self as if not im never gonna get any were Undecided

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 11:32 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Its only when im pushing it with the weights, personal trainer said it's probably a tension headache from the strain im putting my self under, Think is im only getting it when im pushing my self but if i take it steady im ok, but i wanna be pushing my self as if not im never gonna get any were Undecided

You don't have to be doing extreme weight to "get any were".

Whilst doing few reps & heavy weight will give size and strength doing lots reps & light weight will give definition and allow you to isolate muscle groups a lot easier.

You'll look ripped a lot quicker doing less weight and more reps and it's easier on your joints too.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 11:38 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(25-11-2013, 11:32 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Its only when im pushing it with the weights, personal trainer said it's probably a tension headache from the strain im putting my self under, Think is im only getting it when im pushing my self but if i take it steady im ok, but i wanna be pushing my self as if not im never gonna get any were Undecided

You don't have to be doing extreme weight to "get any were".

Whilst doing few reps & heavy weight will give size and strength doing lots reps & light weight will give definition and allow you to isolate muscle groups a lot easier.

You'll look ripped a lot quicker doing less weight and more reps and it's easier on your joints too.

Oh thats handy to no. Need to get my head back in to it properly wanna get some weight off but seem to have hit a wall, just stopped losing it now.

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 11:50 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Oh thats handy to no. Need to get my head back in to it properly wanna get some weight off but seem to have hit a wall, just stopped losing it now.

I'd suggest doing some weights Mon/Wed/Fri and an hour of cardio whenever you feel you can fit it in (Tue/Thur/Sat, maybe 30 minutes after weight sessions Mon/Wed/Fri too).

Just do what you feel like works for you and stick with it. I started on the 11th of July and have had flu and managed to damage my sternum in that period but feel a lot better for it. I'd expect it to take at least another six months before I see any "noticable" difference. That's mainly because I'm a sucker at my diet, some days I'm on it, others I can't give a sh1t!

It does all come down to what you put in your mouth though..

It's that simple (or not so simple in reality)!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 12:00 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(25-11-2013, 11:50 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Oh thats handy to no. Need to get my head back in to it properly wanna get some weight off but seem to have hit a wall, just stopped losing it now.

I'd suggest doing some weights Mon/Wed/Fri and an hour of cardio whenever you feel you can fit it in (Tue/Thur/Sat, maybe 30 minutes after weight sessions Mon/Wed/Fri too).

Just do what you feel like works for you and stick with it. I started on the 11th of July and have had flu and managed to damage my sternum in that period but feel a lot better for it. I'd expect it to take at least another six months before I see any "noticable" difference. That's mainly because I'm a sucker at my diet, some days I'm on it, others I can't give a sh1t!

It does all come down to what you put in your mouth though..

It's that simple (or not so simple in reality)!

Yer i struggle with diet tbh working for a Chinese and they give free food out night is very hard but since starting the gym cut down from every night to once a week. But its not easy. Plus im a fussy eater so dont eat no fuit or veg so thats a massive down fall to.

With gym i normally do about 20mins weights and 25mins on tread mill, then depending how im feeling go back on the weights after again for as long as i can. I go normally 3-4 times a week. But i also do leaflets for Chinese so on the other days can do like 2-5 hours walking.

Thanks given by:
i spend an hour in the gym with my mate doing about 6-8 wieghts excersices then am 5 minuite ab blaster, then play squash a few hours after ive been to the gym, depending what shift im working. My gym is 24hours so im in their at funny times normally!

dont go at thr weekends. Have felt really lazy this weekend... which for me is a massive improvement over how i used to feel about the gym.

Have started eating a lot more carbs.

took a before picture about 2 weeks ago. Will give it another 2 weeks and take a progress picture and upload it, see if anyone thinks its working lol
Thanks given by:
f*ck gym!! Get yourselves to a local boxing or mma club! You don't have to be big to be strong, just be your natural body weight in good shape
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll f*ck you up Jonny
Thanks given by:
Ha ha ha ha you couldn't f*ck yourself up let alone anyone else!! Flol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 06:49 PM)Jonny b Wrote: f*ck gym!! Get yourselves to a local boxing or mma club! You don't have to be big to be strong, just be your natural body weight in good shape

My friend rabbits on about this! Makes sense to be fair.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Good motivation in this thread guys, keep it up ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
So much misleading info too :S haha
Or do a dab of muay thai and mma as well as big weights

As for chris gettin headaches go see doctor not tryin scare you but my mate had this a while then big decline bench POP blood vessel went in heaf broke collar bone when bar dropped on him

Get on them big weights dont worry bout cardio its Bulking season!!! Haha
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 09:45 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: So much misleading info too :S haha

As for chris gettin headaches go see doctor not tryin scare you but my mate had this a while then big decline bench POP blood vessel went in heaf broke collar bone when bar dropped on him

I will see how I get on not been for few days cos did my legs and been struggling to walk lol but if it keeps happening will go to doctors even tho I hate them

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 10:24 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

I will see how I get on not been for few days cos did my legs and been struggling to walk lol but if it keeps happening will go to doctors even tho I hate them

Ahh leg day... That's the sign of a good session!

Or poorly warming up and cooling down.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 10:50 PM)Jake Wrote:
(27-11-2013, 10:24 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Probably gonna get shouted at, but I've never warmed up/cooled down since starting the gym Undecided

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 11:05 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(27-11-2013, 10:50 PM)Jake Wrote:
(27-11-2013, 10:24 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: I will see how I get on not been for few days cos did my legs and been struggling to walk lol but if it keeps happening will go to doctors even tho I hate them

Probably gonna get shouted at, but I've never warmed up/cooled down since starting the gym Undecided

Yeah.. That's just stupid.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I never have had an issue tbh, no one as said anything about warming up/cooling down.

Thanks given by:
Iv never warmed up in 7 years lol I have quick stretch on body part im training then warmup is your first set lol
Thanks given by: