Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious thread...Baby's middle name
Right, at the end of my tether now, would like some impartial advice from people who don't know me from Adam...

Baby is due soon, we decided not long after we found we were having a little girl that we would call her Florence, a name we both liked.

Middle name has only just come about, 2 months before baby is here. Normally we are in agreement with everything, but this is causing friction which I'm frankly getting bored of.

So

My suggestion - Use my mothers middle name. My mum is suffering from a terminal illness and will play a very small part in our childs' upbringing. She probably won't be around long enough to see her go to secondary school (possibly sooner than that). I thought this was a nice gesture PLUS Florence-Ann kind of flows well and sounds good.

Her idea - instantly hostile, if we use my mothers name then her mum will get jealous. This is obviously unacceptable. Therefore we should double-barrel the middle name, using both her mums' and mine. The middle name is Jane.

My opinion,

I have one first name, one middle name and one surname. I'm not from a broken family, irish family nor have I at any point changed my name. I'm traditional in thinking that you should have just one of each of your names!

I feel like I'm being unreasonable.

Why shouldn't I want her mums' middle name?
Well, she's a terrible, terrible role-model. Married 3 times, has not made an effort to meet my parents (seriously, wtf) cheated on my girlfriends dad whilst married to him, drinks excessively, etc. She's a nice enough woman to me, but not the kind of person I want my child to look up to.

Just wondering what your stand on this would be from an entirely mutual point of view?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Serious thread...Baby's middle name - by C.A.R. - 24-08-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: Serious thread...Baby's middle name - by Matt - 24-08-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Serious thread...Baby's middle name - by Ruan - 24-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Serious thread...Baby's middle name - by THE_Liam - 24-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Serious thread...Baby's middle name - by THE_Liam - 25-08-2012, 10:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baby on the way, time for an estate! But which one? tombh7 9 2,310 29-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  Baby car seat! cpikey316_ 21 18,698 12-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Last Post: patrick
Wink RE-Employed BABY!!!! JamesG 9 2,948 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Post: JamesG