Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 1 XSi 2.0 8v to RFS engine swap
First part: Pre-project

As mentioned, this 306 was my very first own car. I was looking for a 106 (as I owned one together with my brother and sister) and I really enjoyed that car (1.4 8v 5 door). My eye fell on a 1.4 XS phase 1 white... but I was to late Sad As I had to go to LA for 4 months, my search was put on hold. In the meantime, my dad was looking for a 106 and found one. After my return back home I tried to search it, but I only found this 306!

In the back of my mind, I told myself: "just drive the 106 for two years, then buy a 306 phase 1 XSi." (GTI was financially out of scope)

The 306 was (near) perfect: right colour, right set of wheels, not to expensive... Went for a test drive and bought it afterwards. Issues: clutch was at its end, exhaust was not 100%. Everything else was working, even the aircon.

Drove this car for nearly 4 years like looking this:

[Image: 360.jpg]

Only thing changed: phase 3 leather/alcantara interior fitted. Only major issue: rust! Which was repaired (expensive!).

Then in year 4 the cambelt plus all ancillary items needed to be changed. Went to a brandless garage which fitted a new cambelt including a waterpump... but a faulty one. Within 3k km, the car broke down. First it started running on 3 cylinders and when I parked it the gaskets were blown already. Car was taken back home and a few days later stalled at my girlfriends grandmother her home (as she had space, and we did not at the time):

At the night the XSi broke down, a GTi was put on for sale. At a price I could afford! Two weeks later it was mine:

Approx. a year later we bought a house with a small garage. So the XSi was transported to his new shelter... (and those pictures I have to recover from imageshack Sad )
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Phase 1 XSi 2.0 8v to RFS engine swap - by Joep83 - 05-01-2019, 03:26 PM
RE: Phase 1 XSi 2.0 8v to RFS engine swap - by Joep83 - 07-01-2019, 09:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 estate engine swap Spoonaltap 44 10,525 01-11-2022, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Spoonaltap