Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we be concerned about our diesels
There was a huge headline about our main street being in the worst 10 in scotland for pollution,but when you look at the actual figures - they are not  that bad and the mean figure never exceeds the limits.
A main trunk road passes through the town centre which has tall buildings - you do not need to be a rocket scientist to work out that in certain weather conditions especially with light winds then the pollution levels will rise.
They closed our railway line in 1965 and the track bed could have been used as the basis for a relief road but no - they built on quite a lot of it and it is now impossible to use that route,so we now will pay for short term thinking as usual.
I agree with magenta about Oxford as well - they have been anti car for years (I used to be based near there when in the RAF).
Up in Scotland we of course have the Scottish Nazi Party in power but they do not have a majority so rely on the Greens ( Rolleyes) for support to get their mad policies through - so any tax payers up here will suffer in the future as the SNP and the greens do not care how much tax we pay.
They are also pushing for bigger and bigger areas of 20mph speed limits (I do not mind 20 limits over short distances but in larger towns they are stupid)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we be concerned about our diesels - by maxaret - 15-04-2017, 03:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diesels in london lolsteve 57 18,534 10-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  ByeBye Diesels lolsteve 109 27,565 14-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Any body have experience with rover diesels? crumpy 5 2,415 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: crumpy