Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(TheSedanFather) 306 Straight d Sedan
A Couple of weeks ago i picked this up off a friend of a coworker.
[Image: 20160310_200516_zpshxxellnd.jpg]
[Image: 20160310_200540_zpscbbtgyup.jpg]
Its a 1998 Phase 2 sedan 1.9 straight diesel
Usual grandfather spec, cloth seats etc. Picked it up for 50euro as he had gotten a company van and had no need for it. Its been lying up a year and needs some work to get it through a test. Id been looking for one for a number of months and thought id pick it up, at worst it would serve for parts for a decent car.

Collecting the car proved to be its own battle, It took nearly 20 minutes to start as it hadn't been started in nearly a year. Once stared however, it ran surprising smoothly for a n/a diesel. One of the springs had broken over the last few months and had to be cut before loading it. Got the car home and started the process of deciding whether it would be broken for parts or put on the road.

From a quick inspection i concluded the car needed the following done.
New front springs and shocks
Back axle
Dial cluster
Front and back seats
Electric windows fixed
Central locking fixed
Diesel leak on engine fixed
4 new tyres
The list goes on...

I (foolishly?) decided i wanted to put the car on the road and so the work began.
Without any of the parts to replace, i started on the problems that could be fixed without parts (hopefully)
Electric windows were first on the list. Broken wires in the rubber boot going from the car to the door were the source of both my windows and central locking as far as i can tell. Reconnected the broken wires and now the windows and central locking work perfectly.

I managed to sort a back axle, 5 door interior including door cards and a set of dials for 100e. Seemed like an okay buy so i went for it. Picking up doors and axle on tuesday but threw the dials in today, Diesel dials solved my rev counter not working as there was petrol dials in it previous xD.

Repainted the rubstrips, mirrors and door handles as i was bored and lacking in parts. Made a bit of difference i think
[Image: 20160320_220035_zpsepau5lqy.jpg]

Then i looked in the boot
[Image: 20160320_224332_zpsyojqlj2s.jpg]
Thats the lock for the boot and not much holding it on. I dont have any pictures yet but i cut some 3mm plate and shaped it around the lock and welded it in place.Put the trims back on and you'd hardly notice it was ever there. Thankfully its the only patch of rust on the car bar a piece that had been plated before in the boot floor.

And heres how it sits today.Stuck a set of phase 1 wheels on it that i had from my 206 a while ago.
[Image: 20160325_224201_zpsphfgtpfx.jpg]
[Image: received_1731027827139155_zpswgnvvler.jpeg]
Plans next are
Back axle in to fix my wonky back wheel
Coilovers
Interior
Detailing session to restore the very dull paint (even though it is silver)
Then put it through a test and see how all goes.

Will be updating this as i get bits done after work and at weekends
Fun stuff ahead i guess xD
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
(TheSedanFather) 306 Straight d Sedan - by NaughtonGAA - 26-03-2016, 12:40 AM