Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Let's try to make this atleast barely roadworthy" ...Project(?)
Slowly getting there. Passed the MOT this weekend, so now it's fully road legal! On top of fixing the brake lines I gave the rear drums some elbow grease - both cylinders were shot, everything rusted together, adjusters out of whack and missing parts. No wonder handbrake was working on only one wheel...

[Image: grBQwqd.jpg]

[Image: 3hD6V8U.jpg]

A small touch to liven up the wheels. Didn't do much for the overall image of the car though. Big Grin

[Image: lBDum94.jpg]

Now let's play the game "Find the interior leak". Was not fun. I've been driving with the center console and front carpet out for a few weeks now, really missed the fluffy floor.

[Image: RYbmgfT.jpg]

BLMC spec. kind of fitment that was there before. The car obviously has been in a driver's fender/door accident judging by all the parts with junkyard type marker writings on the airbag, inner mudguard, bumper. And by the fact that the sill is all mangled, inner arch is bodged and that the door doesn't close as well as it should. And that the door was green at some point in it's life.  Dodgy If I rotate the stalk assembly so that the shroud aligns with the ignition barrel, it ends up rotated wayyy too much to the left. Any ideas about possible solution? I aligned it so that it kind of doesn't leave a gap there now, but the whole thing is still a tiny bit to the left.

[Image: hYIHY7k.jpg]

Also... Anybody know what the pair of brown and white connectors behind the upper glovebox are for? Airbag? Did ph1's even had that option? I'm kinda interested.

And is the inner fender part supposed to collect water? I'm talking about the section in the pic below, there's rain water in that part behind the holes if you stick your finger there. Wondering if that could be a part of my interior leak problem. Huh

[Image: 2ImoF7J.jpg]

Now a bit more interesting part. Received one of these the other week. I think I'll upgrade the hackjob stereo as it get's annoying having to plug/unplug the phone every time. Tongue
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-XS386...08396.html

And since day one my thought was that the clock screen size was very similar to a standard 1602 LCD. And it is! I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna do with it though. I'd much prefer a larger 2.8" or so TFT screen there to display various parameters. 

[Image: POs9yyL.jpg]

[Image: NhFbdgf.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Let's try to make this atleast barely roadworthy" ...Project(?) - by Jet Badger - 19-04-2016, 06:35 PM