Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
Hehe yeah, theres alot of things wrong with that first attempt, infact, watching it back now is fairly cringe worthy..Ive painted it again now...with the correct nozzle, which went alot better! Have learnt to leave air flow going all the time, and just flick the paint in / out, stops the splatter / dry start / stop! Takes a bit of getting used to, infact, painting the entire car twice haha!

Interesting point piggy about spray suit, sadly its done now, Dust really is the biggest enemy trying to do this yourself, but can only do my best. 90% of it will sand back, but at the end of the day its a 100 quid respray, so I guess in some ways, at least people will believe me I did it myself!!

Had the pressure in the green / at levels I was recommended, The main issue here is just lack of paint flow, the nozzle was A - to small, and B - should have bought new gun first as last as it was obviously massivel choked up, I went out and bought a new gun after with bigger nozzle, and was like a different tool all together, each stroke would cover 3 times the area and a thick shiny coat instead of that matt / non even finish!

Will upload some more photos / videos of next few days, luckily I bought enough paint to cover the car more than once, as I predicted epic fails!

Its all a learning curve! One that after this I dont think ill be repeating for a while...!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - 2015 Resurrection / New Build - by darrenjlobb - 20-03-2015, 08:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,450 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave