Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GUIDE: Make a 306 Meridan/Gti6, 5 speed key-ring!
OK Guys, just a bit of fun as it was raining, I was bored and as I recently changed my gear lever!

The top of the knob popped out and we thought it could make a pretty neat Keyring,

- First give it a polish and a clean, I used a pin to get the crap out of the numbers etc.

- Then cut the excess plastic off carefully with wire cutters and sand the back surface down until it is smooth and the size you want it.

- Fill the recess with a plastic resin, I used thermoset gel. This gives it some more weight and strength, + gives you something to mount the backing on. (You could mount a metal loop, chain or ring in the gel to attach the key ring)

- Once the Gel has set, if you havent mounted something in it, drill a small hole then a large hole for the keyring to go through. (drill from the back through to stop it ruining the surface finish)

UPDATE: A hot glue gun works a treat! Put it on a level surface and just fill it up and let it to cool for an hour.

[attachment=3]

- I then superglued it to some velvet, once glued carefully trimmed the excess off with some small scissors. You could stick any material on, some carbon effect or something, I think the ultimate would be a small Pug gel badge.

- Added a bit of velvet to the hole and gave it a last clean and that was it.

I think it looks quite neat, so if you have some old gear knobs and some time to kill!

Cheers Smile

[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
GUIDE: Make a 306 Meridan/Gti6, 5 speed key-ring! - by nauest - 18-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide; GTi6 Spliter Fitting Dum-Dum 4 5,290 08-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Last Post: woody90
  306 GTi6 Service Guide ginge191 0 11,286 12-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Last Post: ginge191