Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another ''Not a 306''... Warning: Deutscher
So many of you will have seen this wonderful 'Rocco up for sale recently, and I'm the lucky guy that drove, I mean, legally transported, it the 140 miles home! And goddamn, it looks good on my drive!

Its a '90 VW Scirocco GT2 in Alpine White. Its got 113k on the clocks, and a 1.8 carbed engine, and I paid 300 of my not-so-hard earned pounds for it, with no tax, and no MOT.

This is her after a quick shampoo

[Image: P1030700.jpg]

As you can imagine, a 21 and a bit year old car would need a bit of tlc...
I'll start from the out and work in...

Bodywork isnt too bad, a few little speckles of surface rust, a bit of yellowing of the white on the bonnet, dent in N/S wing, broken N/S wing mirror cap, crack headlight and fog light, and a couple of spots where the paint has a cracked and some rust is trying to poke through, blue (yes, blue) side repeaters, and a silly bonnet scoop. in black. Nothing a bit of forum trawling and elbow grease wont fix.

Engine, notice anything wrong with this picture?

[Image: P1030703.jpg]

On top of the blue in random places, it doesn't quite run right, runs a bit lean, cuts out unless the choke is all the way out, dies when you're not rolling in gear, things like that. Otherwise, pulls really very well, alllllmost as good as the 306! probably just me tho...

Interior, bit tired, drivers seat is shagged as you can see;

[Image: P1030701.jpg]

There's a few things missing from inside, lights, sunroof mechanism, and the door pins were horrible blue metal things before I switched them over. pretty much just needs new seats and a nice clean and it'll be all good. Oh and the starter button that's been bodged in need's to be gotten rid of.

There's loads of other little things that need to be seen too, but I really can't be arsed to list them all, and I'm sure it'd just bore you lot.

Here's another picture to end off the first post!

[Image: P1030705.jpg]

You can even see my 306 in the background... maybe I should do a thread about that too...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Another ''Not a 306''... Warning: Deutscher - by samass - 01-02-2012, 01:32 AM