Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch cable routing
(28-10-2016, 11:43 PM)carlukepeugeot Wrote: Hi folks,

had to replace my clutch cable the other day. Eventually managed it after alot of swearing, and it works fine, however I now have vibration through the clutch pedal and a bit through the steering too. I think the issue is the cable is touching something. Only contact I can see is that after the cable leaves the bulkhead it is touching the turbo inlet pipe. Anyone got any good tips on routing of the cable?  There doesn't seem to be anywhere to clip it to except on the bottom at the subframe where the adjuster part clips in. The vibration is driving me mad. Foot is tinging after a long drive!  Also the pedal now sits a bit higher up which is annoying as you can't really slide your foot onto the pedal from the foot rest now!

I thought there would be clips to lead the cable down from the box etc, it sits quite close to the driveshafts!  But there are no clips anywhere on my car.

Cheers

Pretty sure it's clutch cable touching turbo inlet arm, went out this morning and added some cable ties to hold it closer to the subframe as it runs up to the bulkhead, which created a small gap between the cable and turbo. Started it up and no vibration, however when you drive the car it comes back again when accelerating at all - so I guess the engine moves back and it touches again. Need to improve the securing and of course finally get round to replacing the knackered bottom stabiliser bush which should help with engine movement, which I already know is excessive anyway (exhaust clunks off gear change when starting up etc).

Really crap routing of the cable by peugeot though have to say!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
clutch cable routing - by carlukepeugeot - 28-10-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: clutch cable routing - by carlukepeugeot - 29-10-2016, 11:35 AM
clutch cable routing - by bashbarnard - 29-10-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: clutch cable routing - by carlukepeugeot - 29-10-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: clutch cable routing - by carlukepeugeot - 29-10-2016, 05:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New clutch cable needed jcsh 3 2,022 11-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Citroen ZX 1.9 TD Clutch Cable drew 0 1,532 17-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: drew
  Manually adjusting clutch cable for xud bashbarnard 21 6,399 21-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard