Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
Needed to mount a reservoir for the clutch cylinder, toyed with using a stock dual purpose one, but in the end decided to mount a separate res for simplicity. Looked at stroke on MC and realised that very little fluid was actually required, so decided to just use a small motorcycle reservoir, which worked out well and sits out the way.

[Image: DSC_1512.JPG]

Then proceeded to plumb up the high pressure side around the front of the engine to avoid the heat, bleed it, and then test the whole thing out, which pleased to report is working very well. Smooth pedal and good travel at the slave end, so very happy with the whole hydro conversion!

Next job was the down pipe / exhaust, down pipe to be slightly more challenging due to the extremely small amount of space to route it down past the motor into the exhaust tunnel.

So started working back from the V band flange I left on the turbo outlet pipe that I had already made, just tacking it all for now:

[Image: DSC_1544.JPG]

Lots of chopping / tacking etc slowly working my way down around the collector and gear linkages:

[Image: DSC_1548.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1552.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1555.JPG]

Once trial fitted / hangers tacked on and happy, welded the entire thing up, have got 3 splits in the system using v band clamps, just makes it easier to fit / change later on down the road, and find v band setups much easier to split / deal with vs a flange or sleeve.

Welding nothing special I'm afraid, no one is going to see it and was determined to get it welded up today and finished with :Smile

[Image: DSC_1554.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1556.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1558.JPG]

And fitted back to the car, just missing some new heavy duty exhaust rubbers, so slung on some old ones for time being:

[Image: DSC_1568.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1567.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1565.JPG]

Thanks for looking Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - Engines In! - by darrenjlobb - 01-10-2016, 04:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 138,222 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave