Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaky thermostat - which one to replace?
Question 
Hoping someone can help. Apologies for the noob question but I'd sooner make sure I get it right:

My car (phase 1 XUDTD) has been leaking coolant for a while and it appears to be from around the thermostat housing. The existing seal on the thermostat has a slight nick in it and I temporarily bodged it with gasket seal but there's still a little bit getting out.

I figure I may as well replace the whole thermostat at the same time with a cheap and cheerful one.

ECP seem to have two which are ever so slightly different. Which is the one I should get?
Their description of "with seal, without gasket / seal" is somewhat confusing :p. Assuming it doesn't come with a seal, is http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...afc&000574 likely to fit both?

I assume it's just a case of undoing thermostat housing and taking the old thermostat out, putting the new seal on the new thermostat and bolt it all back up again (+ refill/bleed lost coolant)?

I'm reluctant to undo the thermostat housing to measure the current one as I'd rather not disturb the existing seal and what's left of it.

Cheers.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Leaky thermostat - which one to replace? - by akiller - 19-11-2014, 04:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correct type of thermostat? carlukepeugeot 1 1,236 02-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Leaky diesel return line Iaitoo 6 1,676 23-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  thermostat opening temps...lower temp' stats? Piggy 25 6,665 25-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Piggy