Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first ever attempt at a light restoration
(18-11-2014, 09:25 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: Your personal thoughts happen to be concrete truths my friend. I originally bought it with the intention of replacing the head and slapping a new timing belt on.

But being the 90s hatch fan that I am, I wanted to turn her in to a minter. Its not just the price of the car and the wheels, I spend a pretty penny on a replacement engine, timing belt, clutch etc etc and that is just the start!

I wanted a fresh experience with this car and the value of the car does not mean much to me as I intend on keeping it (so it is almost invaluable to me).

Its the learning process also that im gaining from.

Everyone has an OCD side, and I think I just tapped in to it with this project.

Thanks for the post though bud and if you have a project of any kind, I would love to read it.

Its the learning process also that im gaining from.

lol. This made me laugh. It's so easy to get carried away. You(people) start off thinking, I'll just do these few bits and then end up going OTT(not in a bad way, just much further than they planned) on details.

I haven't got a 306, I used to though, a 96 Meridian 1.9 TD 5dr.
I've just picked this up though and am in the process of getting it properly roadworthy (it has a long MOT already, but I wouldn't class it as safely roadworthy):
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-27800.html

My other projects are all 70's Saabs and a 71 Hillman Avenger, so FAR too much to get on with and nowhere near enough time.

Keep up the good work mate and most importantly, enjoy doing it as much as possible.
Will
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first ever attempt at a light restoration - by madwelshman - 18-11-2014, 09:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diablo GTi6 restoration Joep83 2 2,455 27-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Joep83
  S1 106 rallye. Restoration time! ozonehostile 244 104,182 10-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile
  Restoration xud11 akuma406 55 17,429 30-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: akuma406