Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper!
I know this is a Peugeot forum (duh) but now I've had the Octavia a couple of months I thought I'd just write a bit on how I'm getting on with it Smile

I usually get bored of cars after a couple of months but I'm still loving this one. It still feels really quick, a bit laggy in the wrong gear but any turbocharged car is like that, and once it's into it's stride around 3.5k in 2nd it pulls like a train, really shoves you back in your seat. It sounds great too, quiet round town but open it up and it really growls with a nice whistle from the turbo over the top.
I'm getting an average of 25mpg sitting in traffic going to work which sounds horrible but in the same driving I only got 32mpg from my DT, and it's great on a run, about 38-40mpg at 70-80mph.
The handling is great, very chuckable for a big car with very little body roll and loads of grip, the ride is pretty hard but I suppose it has to be to stop a big car like this wallowing around in the bends. Comfort wise, the seats are brilliant, there's loads of room, it's really quiet, I can go miles in this thing without feeling knackered. It's really practical too, never even had to put the back seats down.
Done a lot of miles in it now and it's never missed a beat, had a couple of little niggles like the temp and fuel gauges dying and the thermostat needing changing but that's not bad. All the electrics work great, no problems there...

I'd recommend one to anyone, it's a great car. I'm thinking about chopping it in when my insurance renews in September but only because I could do with a diesel for work and a fun weekend car, I might still keep it past then because it's such a great car, but 25mpg does hurt lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Re: THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper! - by THE_Liam - 13-03-2012, 08:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 9,086 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on? THE_Liam 220 71,609 07-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 66,908 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully