Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini engine change meet, May bank holiday.
(06-05-2013, 11:21 AM)Niall Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 09:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: Sure, people putting their names down and not turning up has always happened, and as Curt says; this isn't meant to be aimed at any one person. I'm just concerned the forums rep is going to take a hit this summer, all because a lot of the core team don't seem bothered about making an appearance at meets when they've said they will.

What happens when a meet is organised and all that turn up is three noobs who have never met each other before? It's got to be a fairly good bet they'd lose a lot of faith in the club and probably go away thinking it's not worth it.

You guys know this community is important to me and i'm not just trying to cause arguments. Maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion, but i'm making an issue of this because i think it's a genuine problem.

I think your not realising though that most people dont turn up not because they cant be bothered but because of money issues. Its alright for you. It costs you about £1.20 to drive the entire length of the country. Even when i turn up to meets in the work car i get moaned at because im not in the 6. Turning up to meets is a luxury and ive been saving money for the two busiest shows of the year this year for us so i can make it to them but that also means ive got less money a month to go to smaller meets. I know im not the only person to be doing this! Its just petty really, people whining because other people have good reason not to show up. And granted you do get the odd one or two who dont turn up because they cant be arsed but i dont think you will find thats any of the main members on here.

/Rant over

Im assuming the engine isnt going in the car this weekend Jonny seeing as youve spent it making epic win pipes? lol

There's 2 sides to every argument, so there's always going to be different ways of looking at it.

Obviously there are people that can't afford it, I'm the same a lot of the time, in which case I'll say "might be up for it or "probably". I won't put my name on the list.

Yes, there always has been and always will be more names than people turning up. My problem is, it doesn't take much to say (like you did in the Pugrun thread), "sorry guys, can't make it". That's all it needs, just a bit of courtesy from people.

Like Jimmy said on Saturday, if me and Poodle hadn't have gone, he would have been sitting in a carpark for over an hour waiting for no-one to turn up.

If I'm not sure, I won't put my name down. If something comes up, I'd say. That's all I'm saying.

Everyone was looking forward to summer rolling round to get some meets on the go in the sunshine... and none of the regulars are really making any effort!

That's my 2p.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mini engine change meet, May bank holiday. - by Curt - 06-05-2013, 12:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SW mini meet 5th jan cully 74 15,565 05-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: daniel909
  Engine change and BBQ May Bank holiday weekend. Ben Jay 13 3,326 23-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Mini portsmouth meet; Saturday 13th April Pompey306mark 73 22,818 13-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo