Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s HDi Replacement...Haterz Gonna Hate!
(25-03-2013, 07:06 PM)Curt Wrote: I've always said about the blinkers most people have on on this forum... I know it's a common thing and most will have it, but I've never quite experienced the "everything else is shit" thing as much anywhere else. It's a shame really as the community itself is the best going IMO.

Personally, the Vectra doesn't do anything for me and I can't see me ever having one... but if you're happy then that's all that matters. People want different things from cars at the end of the day. Whereas the Vectra is lovely and quiet for you, it's boring for me... it's down to opinion.

Anyway, hope it serves you well and gives you one less thing to moan about Tongue

Totally agreed Curt! I wouldn't buy an MX5 in my current circumstances, tiny boot space, small, noisy, rough ride and I'll guess the mpg isn't great - but really none of that matters to yourself or any one else that buys them! And I'd certainly drive one if the other options were walk or take a HDi! Itwasntme

I won't stop moaning though, I'll find something else to moan about. lol

(25-03-2013, 07:31 PM)Arron Wrote: Er....We all like to troll and tease... Unfortunately tom brings it onto himself in most cases.

Generally, folk on a 306 forum aren't going to have much love for a family bus now are they? especially as that person complained constantly about how shit his bargain 306 was!!! Tom knew he was going to get all sorts of replies when he started the thread hence the title.

But yea, it does start to look a bit personal against the poor boy

Love you tom

Naww, thats nice, not sure you're my type though Arron.... Confused lol

Honestly, I don't take it to heart though, I certainly don't sit here upset about the fact some guys on a Peugeot forum don't like my new Vauxhall lol. Admittedly some people do go too far and pass the line of banter right through to the line of boredom, but the banterous replies are usually funny. I troll just as much as anyone else half the time, you can't epect to give and not take! If I really felt like I was being victimised or anything I would obviously stop it or report the posts, I've never felt that necessary though.

(25-03-2013, 07:32 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Tbh dude ive been wondering what car you bought. Ive been keeping a close eye on jjs thread. A few years ago I didnt have any interest in that shape vectra and astra for the interior. But the vectra has grown on me a lot and id love one.
But atm the 306 is perfect for me as iys fun and cheap.
But ive always said my old mk4 astra was a much nice car to be in drive was comfy. But the 306 wins for me atm becuase its jusy characteristic and fun.

Your previous reply (that Dan highlighted) didn't come across very well, although I'm sure it wasn't meant in the way that it did come across which is why I didn't argue it. Smile

And yeah if someone had told me last year I'd be smoking a pipe, wearing slippers and driving a Vectra I'd have laughed at it (mainly because my new Golf was gonna be so reliable it'd last me forever...) but also becuase I was never a fan of them. Horrible memories of going on holiday in my dads '89 Cavalier I think! But when i actually looked at them properly, the spec list, the engine spec etc and the cheapness to run I was really impressed for how much they cost now. And the drive is surprisingly nice.

No doubt the 306 is more fun, I took the HDi for a last thrash this morning, and while it was noisy, uncomfortable, kept slipping tyres or clutch yet much slower than the Vec, all the control are difficult and heavy and I kept bashing my knee turning corners due to the awful seat position.........I really will miss ragging it around.

But for the most part I dont rag around, I do boring journeys with old ladies, wheeled walkers and bags of shopping. Or a slow trip to town behind people that cant read speed limit signs, give way markings or keep a constant speed.

Dont get me wrong, ragging a slow diesel with WOT everywhere and smoke billowing, tailgating everyone then doing dodgy slow overtakes is fun and gives an adrenaline rush.

But I'd much rather just sit back in comfort at a steady pace with a bit of Emile Sande on the stereo and just relax..... The car is pretty much the only place I get time completely to myself so the only chance I get of relaxation, and the 306 just didn't do that for me. Smile
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toms306s HDi Replacement...Haterz Gonna Hate! - by Toms306 - 25-03-2013, 08:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hate facebook DeeTurbo 5 3,877 23-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Think I hate insurance Matt 26 6,292 18-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Last Post: highwayman306
  So you're not gonna believe what got delivered today. Dum-Dum 30 13,560 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: puglove