Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s HDi Replacement...Haterz Gonna Hate!
(24-03-2013, 09:54 PM)C2K Wrote: Pfft, our company vectra was an absolute heap of shit. 2.2 Petrol, handled like a boat, went like one too, was naff inside, naff outside, ride was godawful, seats were shit. Can't understand why anyone who wasn't forced to drive one would buy one.

Chuck all the spec you want in it, you can't polish a turd.

I doubt a pov spec 2.2 petrol is anything like a well specced diesel? Suspension and chassis have been changed on the facelift so if yours was pre facelift and not an SRi then handling was shocking yes, which is one thing I hated about the povvo 120 I looked at before. However on this its actually surprisingly direct and holds corners much better than the HDi does at higher speeds too, I was genuinely shocked at the handling, given the extremely comfortable ride. It's just the exterior which is a let down in my opinion. Yes its a bit 'boaty' but its a big car for lugging big loads...its as long as the 306 estate lol, and definitely wider, you can't expect it to have a small wheel base and handle like a go cart.

End of the day it depends what you like - but how can you say handling and ride were awful...you tend to get one or the other lol.

And I've polished turds for years...306s are terrible on paper, doesn't mean they are in real life though, which I'd say is the same here tbh. Outside of this forum, Vectras don't have the same stigma as 306s do (you know when you tell people you own a 306 and they always ask why..as if you've done it by accident!) but they're generally seen as dull and boring, hence the low price tag. Even the parkers website slates them pretty badly. Yet when you've actually got one, it's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

(24-03-2013, 09:54 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: People are so quick to judge, these are epic cars for the money!

It's the longest I've ever kept a car & not one part of me wants rid of mine!

Nice one though Tom, they are brilliant cars. Loads of room, plenty of power, lots of gadgets & il say it over and over again, handling is very good for a big car!

Lol, I give it a month... lol

But yeah I totally agree with you, excellent value for money!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toms306s HDi Replacement...Haterz Gonna Hate! - by Toms306 - 24-03-2013, 10:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hate facebook DeeTurbo 5 4,169 23-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Think I hate insurance Matt 26 6,700 18-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Last Post: highwayman306
  So you're not gonna believe what got delivered today. Dum-Dum 30 14,343 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: puglove