Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper!
Thought I'd sort out a proper project thread for this now I've had a think about what direction I wanna go with it Smile

I'd been looking for a new car for quite a while, and I'd decided on one thing; it was gonna be a VAG 1.8 turbo engine. I couldn't find anything better for a compromise between power, economy, tuneability, reliability and bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarpability :mrgreen:

I looked at Golf GTIs, Leon Cupras, A3/A4 1.8t Sports, Boras and even a Toledo, but I couldn't find anything for around £2000 that was in good condition with a reasonable mileage, and I looked at loads. Eventually I went to Dubbers Sports VW in Slaithwaite near Huddersfield to look at yet another A3, which turned out to be another dog. I told the guy I'd looked at loads. and he suggested I look at the Octavia VRS he had in...

It was £2295, which was a bit of a stretch, but the guy said he'd had it a while and would negotiate, so I took it for a spin and loved it! Couldn't believe how nimble it was for a big car, it was massively roomy, and it looked very sleeper, so I decided I wanted it. Bit of haggling and I got it to £2000, £1600 cash and £400 for the Calibra I spent £300 on lol

So, the car...

- Totally standard
- Full Skoda service history, including a cambelt and waterpump in the last 200 miles, a turbo and a clutch .
- Full MOT
- 6 months tax
- 108k, miles read 73k but it's had a fully documented clock swap done by a Skoda dealer, who I phoned to check it was legit.
- EW
- EM
- Climate
- Half leather
- Spotless. No, really!

Pics taken in Halfords car park quickly before it got dark today :roll:

[Image: IMG_0477.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0478.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0479.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0480.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0481.jpg]

Love the green calipers!

[Image: IMG_0483.jpg]

As said, mileage isn't right...

[Image: IMG_0484.jpg]

MINT interior Smile

[Image: IMG_0485.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0486.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0487.jpg]

And a quick 30-70. Looks a bit slow, it was on soaking wet road with the traction off. I couldn't put my foot flat down because the power just span away, and with the traction on it just cut loads of power and made it uber slow. I'll do another when it's dry...

[Image: th_IMG_0476.jpg]

The engine management light is on in that video, it came on the day after I bought the car :nope:

Took it back to Dubbers who fitted a new thermostat, new temp sensor and a new seat adjuster, now the light is back off and the car is running perfectly, and driving perfectly. All it needs is an AC regas :mrgreen:

Plans? I'm swapping the original wheels for some anthracite ones in a couple of weeks because Dubbers have another Octavia coming in and because they like to sell standard cars I'm swapping my wheels for theirs, I'm having tints done, doing some subtle colour coding and going for aero wipers and decent bulbs, and that's about it, true sleeper!

Under the bonnet? FMIC, decent exhaust, induction, new fuel pressure sensor from an S3 and a good remap should give around 230 bhp, and that's probably how it'll stay, it's my daily after all, and I'm after a 306 for a track car anyway...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper! - by THE_Liam - 20-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 9,086 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on? THE_Liam 220 71,609 07-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 66,908 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully