Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
Another vote here for pe2s, just put my set on the 6
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The wheel will bend the arch accordingly to fit the wheels in with out scrubbing. mine used to scrub

[Image: 11.jpg]

They no longer do! LOL
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2012, 11:34 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Can't find a UK supplier of Direzza Sport Z1s.

PE2's look shit; are they really that good? I also can't find a supplier of 205/40/17...

Spec2s are cheap because as you say they compromise on the all-round performance. They wear faster than most tyres, they dont have a strong sidewall, and they aren't that good in the wet. BUT that's the sacrifice for dry performance. and in 205 40 guise, there aint a whole lot of sidewall to deform!! lol

Do you honestly rate your Dunlops more than Spec2s in the dry??

It's not ALL about dry grip... It's about progressiveness, feel through the steering etc... And by PE2s "looking" shit, I assume you mean the tread pattern?

If you're only obsession is out and out dry grip, why aren't you on A048Rs or R888s - they're just as wank in the wet, last about the same but have SIGNIFICANTLY better feel through the steering - not to mention more tread on to begin with, if you get the harder compounds they don't last too bad on the road either.

There's more to tyres than grip - it's about feel, progressiveness, the way they talk to you through the wheel...

If I were to go out and buy another set of tyres tomorrow, I'd not drop my £s on Paradas, I'd put them on SP Sport FRs if I was a bit hard up or PE2s or PS2s if I could afford it...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
For sale; 17" Speedline De Corse Turinis. Reason for sale; complete f*ck on to clean!

ok I joke, these ain't for sale no matter what, but jeez they're a right pain to clean!

i got a few hours this afternoon inbetween btcc races (plato, what a shocker!) so gave the Astor its first proper clean! I didn't bother to clay it this time as the bodywork felt surprisingly smooth and free of contaminants given that I've parked it round the back of the house under a load of trees to get sap on it for months! I gave it a shampoo withbag bodywork shampoo, then dried with a microfibre towel, then gave it a going over with Sep, then finished with megs gold class liquid wax, as Ruan still has my friggin thn of hd wax!!!!
I think its come up rather well given it was a. It of a rush job...

next time I'm hoping to clay it and clean the alloys properly too...

anyways enough ranting, pictures!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Looks spot on mate Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Those wheels are so lush.

Edit: You need to sort out your centrecaps though. If they are not all orientated the same it can affect your corner geometry by 0.00034%. Bad for handling.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
You shouldnt have sold them Toby! But I'm glad you did Tongue

and yes I am aware that my centre caps need balancing, I haven't got round to it yet lol
Thanks given by:
Oi car looks sweet! Did you get my pm? If you did! Fecking answer allready lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
car looks mint, really liking wheels
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 10:25 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=2302]

Needs a De-Cat lol

to you seriously clay your car almost every time you wash it?
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 04:50 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Needs a De-Cat lol

Does this still count as a win pipe? lol

I think this will only effect weight reduction, and not sound/ engine preofrmance in Eds case Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Does look really good.

Are masks on your to-do list?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 04:50 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Needs a De-Cat lol

to you seriously clay your car almost every time you wash it?

It may improve his purrformance
Thanks given by:
Lol Dum! Nah I dont clay it every time I wash it; I need to clay some areas as there is mild contamination in the paintwork. The flanks were remarkably uncontaminated, but the roof does need a good claying as its sat under a tree throughout the shit weaather a while ago.

So I have sliiiightly gone overboard with the photos... I took a quick drive down to my Grans house as my family were up helping out in the garden, and thought it'd be rude not to grab a few photos on the way back...

[Image: IMAG0185.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0194.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0191.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0187.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0197.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0201.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0199.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0206.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0208.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0211.jpg]

Unfortunately (for you lot at least!) I got a tad overexcited on the accelerator, and consequently the brakes on the way home; and decided to then give the wheels another once-over, followed by still more photos!!

[Image: IMAG0212.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0213.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0215.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0216.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0217.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0219.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0222.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0224.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0227.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0232.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0228.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks shit

Joking mate starting to look good. Subtle but not just a plain 306!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mmmmmm astor sexyness. Do you want to swap colours Ed? You know what with you being a diablo bumer and all.

I was spraying my morettes astor yesterday and i was thinkinf what a sexual colour it was, and now im even more jelly after seeing these pics

Thanks given by:
Lol Cheers Niall Tongue I love it, but have fallen into the 'detailing pit'; if its clean I dont want to drive it, cause It'll become dirty, and if i do I'll have to clean it again!!

Thanks Jamie, but no thanks, I cannot be bothered to swap all the suspension etc over again, and I have fallen in love with the Astor just a litttttttle bit Tongue Btw, I FINALLY got your petrol caps off the breaker this weekend!! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 07:18 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Lol Cheers Niall Tongue I love it, but have fallen into the 'detailing pit'; if its clean I dont want to drive it, cause It'll become dirty, and if i do I'll have to clean it again!!

Thanks Jamie, but no thanks, I cannot be bothered to swap all the suspension etc over again, and I have fallen in love with the Astor just a litttttttle bit Tongue Btw, I FINALLY got your petrol caps off the breaker this weekend!! Tongue

Yeah I spent a day cleaning, polishing and waxing mine the other week. Only done about 30 miles in it and it's horrendous! Needs a good snow foaming.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Still convinced the wheels would look better as a standard silver colour to give some contrast to the body work but regardless it is still looking minty fresh!
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
No i dont want to swap shells etc just the paint Tongue

And cheers buddy i will grab them off you at the next meet / show as imnot in any rush now. Going ti take the 6 off the road for the winter after trax Sad

Thanks given by:
Thanks Lewis, but I'm really liking the 'Stealth look' atm, and in any case I have no moneys to get them resprated so they're staying how they are now for a while!!

Lol no worries Jamie. Unfortunately, again due to cashflow I'm unable to get to Trax this year Sad Properly gutted about it, but I'll speak to someone down this way to see if I can get them up to you somehow. Either that or I will actually send them to you!

And I wish I could get mine off the road for winter again. I'm not going to be able to, as my insurance is paid monthly on it, so now I've had an accident on the policy (as it was originally on the diablo), If i cancel I have to pay the rest off which is still a few hundred quid. Ironically my 106 isn't worth enough to be swapped onto the insurance in place of the '6, and I haven't got the cash to spend MOTing taxing and separately insuring the nad again come renewal (and mot and tax) in early Oct.

So I'm gonna have to potter to work and back in the '6 for a few months (hopefullly I'll be able to get the nad back on the road in Jan/Feb though...
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah thats a shitter mate. gutting when you got to run somthing as nice as your6 through the shitty weather. Especialy when your trying to keep the paint as nice as you are.
And on the insurence front i know exactly what your say its a complete scam. Because i got mine on a multi car policy theywont let me take the 6 off of it. So the whole time it will be sat in the garage with tje engine oit and no front end i will be paying insurence to have it on the road. I aint taxing it tho they cam shove that lol

Thanks given by:
Ed, i'm sorry, you seem a nice guy an' all..

but BUY A f*cking DECENT CAMERA FFS
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 08:31 PM)puglove Wrote: Ah yeah thats a shitter mate. gutting when you got to run somthing as nice as your6 through the shitty weather. Especialy when your trying to keep the paint as nice as you are.
And on the insurence front i know exactly what your say its a complete scam. Because i got mine on a multi car policy theywont let me take the 6 off of it. So the whole time it will be sat in the garage with tje engine oit and no front end i will be paying insurence to have it on the road. I aint taxing it tho they cam shove that lol

I'd be a bit careful with not paying tax on an insured vehicle mate. it can bite you in the arse now as the current laws don't permit a car to be taxed without being insured or vice versa... You could be hit with a fairly hefty fine for it too....

(27-08-2012, 08:38 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Ed, i'm sorry, you seem a nice guy an' all..

but BUY A f*cking DECENT CAMERA FFS

lol jeeeeez I know I need a to buy a decent camera, but between lynx and compbrake I have No moneys, and I'm still saving for 4pots for winter!!
Thanks given by:
Quote:Lol Dum! Nah I dont clay it every time I wash it; I need to clay some areas as there is mild contamination in the paintwork. The flanks were remarkably uncontaminated, but the roof does need a good claying as its sat under a tree throughout the shit weaather a while ago.<br />
<br />
So I have sliiiightly gone overboard with the photos... I took a quick drive down to my Grans house as my family were up helping out in the garden, and thought it'd be rude not to grab a few photos on the way back...
<br

Scott, is that you???

/troll

Looks absolutely beautiful mate and sounds as good as it looks!
Thanks given by:
f*cking tart.

does look good tho, I suppose...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Right small update, I fitted my hids to the car a couple if days ago. Much better light now, really pleased with them!

I also fitted some xsara mist jets but they were the wrong ones so back they go to be changed for one's with the correct fitment.

I also have a slight issue with the car; it seems when turning left when reversing, and one also a little when going forwards, it clonks. Now having done some investigation (going backwards and forwards slowly in my carpark annoying my neighbours) it appears this may be a cv joint...

how easy are these to fit, and how much are spares? anyone have any ideas? and no I dont think I'll be able to use my old ones, I think Foobys ditched one after it stayed in the hub when he took my old struts and springs...
Thanks given by:
CV joint is a new driveshaft. You will cry your eyes out at that job. what makes you think that?

oh and your a grade A piece of bell cheddar for having HIDs
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
well I'm all out of ideas if it's not that. It's too loud to my mind for a track rod end, its not a wishbone, its not anything loose, it's not calipers its not top mounts, i do t think its engine mounts... I can only think it's steering rack or cv joints.... Any bright ideas?

And I dont care what you think of my hids, I dont have to sit in front of me.
Thanks given by:
BMW driver mentality there. like it

what you up to sunday? can get it up (giggly) in the air and have a look
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,700 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 134,425 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle