Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
Mild steel is fine, less warpage. Looking forward to seeing some build shots Smile
Thanks given by:
Lol you really are a hoarder, in 20 years your gonna end up on one of those hoarders TV shows.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2014, 10:07 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Lol you really are a hoarder, in 20 years your gonna end up on one of those hoarders TV shows.

lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Progress today, temporarily given up trying to unseize the pistons from the low mileage block and pulled the engine from the car to use that instead. The head on the new engine is all good, which was my main concern. Cba to update properly, i'll take pictures and sort it out during the week.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Suppose it beats getting drunk at FCS
Thanks given by:
Not really... Sad Needs to be done if i'm to get it finished on time though, the weeks are ticking on by. Discovered a lolworthy amount of play in the turbo, could well explain why she's been feeling a bit flat and using oil recently.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh well, at least youve got the nad and about a million spare turbos
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that lol.

So yeah, dropped it all in last night, happy with the install i think, pretty much everything in there apart from the exhaust, can't wait to see how she goes. Smile
[attachment=16743]

Not really, and it just got a bit further away again, i forgot to mention this yesterday: Within 24 hours of pulling the engine out of mine - thereby immobilising the car and blocking up access to my drive/garage/tools/electrical supply - the release bearing on the 205 died a horrible death. I can't fix it at home and we're flat out at work until Friday, so yeah, thank f*ck i bought the 106 when i did lol.

Having gone from 3 cars to 1 in such a short time is amazingly motivating, spent an hour last night stripping the original block down, just on my way back out to finish the job. First though, those pics i promised...

This is what i found under the big end bearing shells, i don't know if you can really see the blued metal and scoring, but i'm glad they're being replaced. :S :
[attachment=16741]

Looking sad without her heart (please excuse the picture quality by the way, phone is very broken and struggles with the lighting):
[attachment=16742]

Set up and ready to go:
[attachment=16745]

Dismantling bit by bit....
[attachment=16746]
[attachment=16747]
[attachment=16748]
[attachment=16749]

Oh and shiny clutch, can't remember if i posted that already and cba to look:
[attachment=16744]
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
good lad. this will be epicness
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing the updates here. This shit just got interesting! As for the big ends, that looks like they have gotten quite hot!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cant wait mate. You gonna reshell straight into the other shell?

Do you want me to come down and cut up the 5 door to make it easier to get rid of?
Thanks given by:
Fingers crossed eh, Piggy, cheers.

They do look like they've seen some serious heat, there were some heavy lumps in the oil... Confused Hopefully the ones in the old engine are cleaner. Will try and make a more consistent effort with updates, i tend to do huge amounts of work, but post thee pictures and a half-arsed explanation that misses a lot out lol.

Can't wait meself. Big Grin It's going straight into the new shell once built, now i can see the old shell properly it's not so pretty. I'd welcome a helping hand, cutting up a car by yourself gets boring lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Are you ready for cutting now? I'll genuinely come down tomorrow if you have a little spare veg or you'll let me steal the diesel out of it.
Thanks given by:
when the new engine goes in, ill come down for a weekend and help Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol unfortunately not mate, still got to get all the shinies off and strip out the insi - owait... Will give you a shout when it's ready to hack up.

Cheers Niall.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
When you get cutting, can I have the left rear inner wing/arch if it isnt rotten!!??

Wheres the pics poodle??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah no problem mate, you'll have to come and get it though. :p

Pics are up there, theres like ten, how many do you want?!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No I want pics of new shell!! And of the shell being cut up...
When it happens!
Plus pics of two turbos bolted on...get on with it Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Good to see some progress is happening Big Grin Give us a shout if you ever need a second pair of hands about
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Hahaha patience man! There's only so fast I can go, some of us have to work the 9-5 dontcha know. :p Will get more pics soon, don't you worry, bottom end needs sorting first though.

Cheers Steve, tbh any evening you like is good lol, just turn up as per. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
[attachment=16793]
[attachment=16794]
[attachment=16795]
[attachment=16796]
[attachment=16797]
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good work. Finished and running for pugfest?
Thanks given by:
Don't be daft, i want it to work lol. :p It'd be nice if i could, and i'll do my best, but it's fairly unlikely i think.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
And finally:
[attachment=16844]

My mate Dan sauteing the oil pump:
[attachment=16845]
[attachment=16846]

Everything numbered up and ready to go:
[attachment=16847]
[attachment=16848]

Bores look pretty clean:
[attachment=16849]

Yet to investigate the head properly, but that can wait until i've sent off the internals to be balanced. Was hoping for better progress yesterday, but ended up spending a lot of time sorting out a new car for my mum, which you'll be glad to hear is a diesel 306. Big Grin This one, in fact: http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1064780588

Just going out for a walk and to see Dad, then i'll be clearing up the garage so it's a useable space again -some bastard's been in there making a right mess, pulled an engine apart and just left the bits lying around everywhere. Rolleyes
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ahh engine rebuilding. The most manly hobby going
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Damn straight. Big Grin

Was out tidying up last night and decided i'd investigate my turbo, i'd known it was well on it's way out, but... Well, i'll let the video do the talking:

And Sam took an awesome panoramic view of my... "garden". lol
[attachment=16942]

Waiting on piston rings and big end bearing shells then the whole lot will be shipped off to Winchester for balancing, or at least it will once my bank account has recovered from this month. :S
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That k03 Doh !

Nice to see this progressing though Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Now thats what you call end float lol

Ready to have the shell cut up yet, I'm off from tomorrow so maybe sunday?
Thanks given by:
Hahah ikr, cheers.

I'll need a lot of help stripping it to get it ready in time for that lol. Still yet to clean and package up the bottom end and am busy with other things, mainly trying to help my bank account last the month after the 205 problems. Rolleyes
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
For those asking, this is the new shell Smile

[attachment=16955]

Damn phone doesn't rotate it properly Sad
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,465 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta