Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
Tbh dum, with the way pug are it could be either lol.. ko3 is a piece of piss to adjust though tbh and my prefered stock blower
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
K03 is the slightly bigger blower, worth a couple of BHP on a stage 2 and definitely easier to adjust.

It was definitely GT15 on the earlier cars up to X production number then the K03 after that point but so many cars have had turbocharges in that time thats why its sometimes wrong.
Thanks given by:
Um, putting it in front of the radiator and using a mixture of silicone and metal piping to connect it to the engine...

Chris, where do you find this information??
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Experience of owning many many many 306's lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
with the rear arch covers....

have you considered strong magnetic strips? ?

To keep them on and for ease of removal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2013, 07:26 AM)Poodle Wrote: Chris, where do you find this information??

I was sure it was on service box but it isn't there any more, the only turbo related production number change i can see is a screw in the oil feed onto the turbo that changes at 9xxxx

But as puglove says Ive seen enough HDis to know that early ones typically have GT15s and late ones typically have K03s
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, can never seem to find what i want on servicebox, must teach me your skills lol. Figured you'd seen a few, but wondered because you sounded very sure.

Piggy, no i haven't, that's not a bad idea actually... Would need something else as well i think, to make sure there was no chance of them flying off at high speed, but that would make it easier and probably tidier too.

Something else i've been thinking on is how to get a snug fit, any air getting in will compromise the design so it needs to be very snug. I reckon the best solution would be a rubber strip, much like the boot seals on the 306, just a bit smaller and stiffer. Anyone got any idea where i can get something like that or of possible donor cars/parts? Don't even know what you'd call it, so having trouble finding anything useful on google.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
IMO id glue/ stick rubber strip to the car so that the edge of the arch cover slides under it.

TBH Id strongly be considering pop riviting them on especially if they are metal or ABS then if you need them off just drill the rivits. Sounds awufully drastic/permanent but how often do you really think your gonna be having them off and rivit heads are probably pretty aerodynamic too
Thanks given by:
Draught excluder would work a treat dude
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
The arch cover has been designed to sit on the bodywork, so they're too big to slide under, and i'm not pop riveting it lol. Sod having to drill out 20 rivets every time i want to change a wheel lol. Plus i'm not sure the fibreglass would stand up to it without cracking.

Draught excluder, that's it! I could see what i wanted in my mind and knew i'd seen it around, but couldn't remember for the life of me what it was lol. Bargain, B&Q here i come!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha good stuff, I spent many a quiet night at work wondering around and dreaming up stupid uses for all of the stuff b&q sell lol

Thanks given by:
nice dude keep it up very interesting to watch it come together!
Thanks given by:
Oi, Get da water n*****, shit going down, awwww wheres this motherfrucking bootleg firework shit UPDATE!!

Come on I know, needs pics.
Thanks given by:
I'll update this properly tomorrow evening if i get time.

Recent progress has been pretty much non-existant, i haven't forgotten about this by any means, but - as many will already know - i haven't been in any condition to continue with it since my last big update on the 4th of June. Hopefully that will be changing soon, maybe another 2/3 weeks and i'll be fully capable again. If nothing else i need to sort my brakes out before Llandow lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks to some awesome mates (cheers dumdum and lolsteve!) she's now wearing some pr1s shod in pe2s all round. Completely transformed the drive, was previously quite easy to find the limit of grip, the pe2s have made that much difference over my old winter rubber I'm now not comfortable trying to find the limit on public roads lol.

The fmic is also completely plumbed in and, amazingly, leak-free! Still needs some minor adjustment to stop rubbing in a couple of places, but my lump hammer will fix that. Big Grin Again, made a much bigger difference than I expected, both to power and mpg, pretty chuffed all in all.

Only managed to get the one picture among all this, I know theres a couple more kicking about, if the responsible parties wouldn't mind putting them up. Smile

...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good to hear you fiiiiinally got the cooler on! Take it she's totally smoke free now?

Thanks given by:
Pretty much, yeah. Need to get my boost gauge plumbed in before i do anything else.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Noice! Also lol at Dan being helpful lol

Thanks given by:
Here's what I got, pics of dumdum taking 5 & alex under the car working hard

Im impressed at the install and how quickly it was done considering it was done by 2 cripples and a..ermm.. Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
great photos lol. Obviously I spent most of the day on the floor doing not alot. I did manage to get the rear pipe off in one piece after about 2 hours of finding that Poodle has no ToMD to cut/break the pipe up.

I also did the super neat top pipe arrangement.
Thanks given by:
Hahah yeah, Dan did his usual - turned up for an hour, hung on to the biggest hammer he could find and took the piss, then got bored and wandered off again. Although tbf i think he did hand me a spanner at one point...

Cheers, for putting those up dude, love your description of the available work-force - two cripples and a Steve... lmao I think you did by far the majority of the work tbh mate, motivation between Chris and I was fairly non-existant.

Aw i forgot about the parcel-taped top pipe, don't think we got a picture before i fixed it. Sad

Taken some more so you can actually see the install:

Top pipes:

Cooler:

Bottom pipes:

Necessary bonnet adjustment, one in the middle looks fairly awful from the outside, but i guess that's just further motivation to get a shift on with my grp plans:

Need to sort out the boost gauge now, got a feeling i've got a couple of minor leaks, just seems a bit too hissy. Also popped a pipe the other day, was on the motorway pulling out off the slip road when it went, obviously the rush hour traffic was enormously impressed at the chronic coal that resulted lol. Luckily the Rownhams services were all of 500 yards away, so pulled in and put it back together in 30 seconds - was the top pipe, should have left that parcel tape on. lol

Also meant to mention the resuming of my mpg experiments, figured it was due now i'm back on a vaguely economical set-up. Have been averaging around 44mpg with the heavy stage 1 map, my first £90 (@137.7ppl) did 715 miles, which works out as ~49.5mpg. That was doing the commute to work and a trip up to Chris' and back at somewhat uneconomical speeds lol. I have been enjoying the extra power a bit, so hopefully see some improvements on that soon, especially once i start doing something other than the 5 mile trip to work lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Started using shell fuel, seems to be making some difference, although my driving style still hasn't relaxed, so it's hard to tell atm. lol Most of this tank was taken up with commuting and a trip up to Jonny's, which involved about 4 hours of being sat in solid, unmoving bank-holiday traffic and 8 hours of being mercilessly thrashed by an angry man frustrated with traffic, so was expecting less. Regardless, the last £80 (@141.9ppl) did exactly 700 miles, which works out as 56.37mpg.

Nothing else is happening to this atm, at least until the 205 is sorted and on the road. Jonny helped me install my wind deflectors when i went up last weekend and i hoovered it on Monday, but that's it. Then it'll be lots of tidying and small, boring mods that i've been meaning to do for a while - decent brake pads and fluid, replace the balljoints, fit some fans, sort out the boost gauge, eliminate as many leaks as possible, fit some brake ducting, etc. Hopefully the first two jobs will be done by the 14th ready for Combe, but we shall see.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Damn that's some good mpg, headed up north on the Friday and was caught in bank holiday traffic too pretty much all the way there powered through about £40 of fuel for 210 miles. Somewhat miss hdi fuel costs now

Best get your brakes ready for combe, would be a lot of wasted potential if its just your brakes holding you back (or not if the case may be)

Also get a shell fuel card if you're using them now you get points and money off vouchers when you fill up enough, you have to spend a bit but it might help even out the costs of using it against supermarket fuel

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yeah, traffic sucked balls man, first 130 miles took a little over 4 hours. Dodgy

May have already ordered some pads lol, cheapest from Spoox of all places!

Good shout, already on it. Big Grin Not generally one to subscribe to the whole x fuel is better than y fuel thing, but to see such a difference in mpg despite continuing to drive like a lady garden...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmmm, is guess this is due an update...

Not a huge amount has happened, mostly just buying of shiny lol. Mintex 1144s, some bits to tidy the fmic, radiator fan, some sound deadening for the flatbed, etc.

Rear door cards are out and ill be removing the window mechs as soon as it stops raining for two minutes. Will be cutting out some perspex windows at the same time, possibly this weekend, but I think the weather has other plans lol.

Have spent a fair amount of time hacking up bits of interior this week - a bucket seat so I can adjust it tofit my back and a dash, because the standard one is just too heavy lol. Am currntly searching for something to make a harness bar out of, if anyone local has got something suitable just floating about the place, i'd be glad to take it off your hands. Big Grin

Mintex 1144s went on for forge action day, have made a huge difference, can't recommend them enough as crossover pads. Will be putting together some ducting to keep them cool, they didn't overheat at combe, but I wasn't giving it 100% for fear of melting my nice new tyres.

Will update with pics and sort the spelling/grammar later, too much cba to do it on my phone. lol

Edit: oh and in other exciting news my average mpg is staying above the 55 mark, dspite doing 90% of my driving without the engine ever warming up, wooo!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, those pictures lol. Shamelessly stolen from Carlos (my thanks to you, good sir). This was at Castle Combe for the forge summer action day:

[attachment=12287]
[attachment=12288]
[attachment=12289]

Feck all has happened with this recently, although i have somehow accumulated two more new shiny turbos along the way. Angel Between weather, overtime, the 205 and other commitments there's not been the daylight time to do anything (blah blah excuses blah), but that issue changed since my brother bought me this beast for Christmas:

[attachment=12290]

That'll be the last of the interesting purchases for a couple of months, as i've got MOT, tax and shock refurb due. Then i need a new clutch, so am saving for that atm. On the bright side, I have managed to clear up the garage now so i can actually get into it again. Hopefully this means i'll be able to make some progress with finishing the daft number of wip projects i've got kicking about lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You actually tidied up the garage?!
I can help some more by taking that toolbox off your hands if you like :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well at least one of those photos looks like mine :p
/toysoutthepram
Thanks given by:
Ah shet, sorry bru, you're absolutely right. Blush

Here's the one from Curt:

[attachment=12292]

Weeeellll, tidy is a relative thing... Toolbox has gone to work dude, you're too late. :p Replaced it with another engine and a xsara vts rear beam though lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Does this mean there is room to pass out drunk in the garage now? lol

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,465 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta