darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus
Liking that mate, Simple solutions are always the best
Thanks given by:
That tacho sensor is bodgetastic mate lmao good effort!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Darren this is precisely why you'de make an excellent engineer Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above! Adapt and overcome!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Loving it mate! Good job. Crack on and get it done. FCS is only round the corner whistle real shame it's not going to be ready. Would love to see this Smile looks mean
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I know the car isnt going to make it, but surely you can hitch a lift up Darren?
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:I know the car isnt going to make it, but surely you can hitch a lift up Darren?

Yeh im still coming, most likely in a transit rental, but possibly have the embarresment of a friends 206....

Id better come as im bringing foodz!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I wanna see a photo of this!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Darren, had a mate a while back find the same thing with his M112 charger, was pissed off as they're hard to get a good one - he ended up flatting the inside to remove the score marks, had it electroless nickel plated, then honed back to size again, it's still going so can't be too bad.

Saying that, might be cheaper just to get a good 'un!
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the input Ripp, Tbh for the cost of them (common car to break) it probs would be cheaper, altho to be fair, you never know what your buying as there all "wore" by now...

As for an update, as most people know, I did end up bringing it up to FCS, it was a bit of a last minute thing, but had it on the road, so thought why not, and surpisingly I managed the 600 miles without a single fault, which was good!

I didnt really take any photos of my car as I failed big time on the photo front, but a few photos nicked from elsewhere of it there..

Warming up at idle at the campsite:

[Image: 533420_10150900218902675_2128445534_n.jpg]

The sort of complete engine bay:

[Image: IMAG0054.jpg]

Had an epic weekend / epic to see everyone again, but glad to be home, so I can start opening it up!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Darren was good to see you and the car. Oh and I loved the water pipe.....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
WTF happened to my pic lol looks like its been through FB compression
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
What is that blue pipe between the inlet manifold and vnt turbo? Water pipe?
Thanks given by:
I'd love to see this while I'm in Cornwall Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Loved your car at FCS! And was good to meet you breifly by the dyno!
Thanks given by:
Take it you got a pulley sorted then bud? Glad to hear it

Running well,?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 05:22 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'd love to see this while I'm in Cornwall Smile

Very welcome, how long are you here for? Any evening this week is fine for me....

(20-06-2012, 07:42 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Take it you got a pulley sorted then bud? Glad to hear it

Running well,?

No still no pulley, have someone else looking at it atm, but not heard anything for a while... Bit of a nitemare really!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Well my mans machine is up and running now he has a backlog but if you get stuck let me know, he was devastated to let someone down
Thanks given by:
Hi Darren, I saw your car at FCS and it look awesome! Just wondered where you got your angle eyes from? I noticed they don't fit great in the wing but guess there all like that
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 08:07 PM)nufc4frosty Wrote: Hi Darren, I saw your car at FCS and it look awesome! Just wondered where you got your angle eyes from? I noticed they don't fit great in the wing but guess there all like that

I'm sure they do fit well. Just Darren's boost is in the way. Form - function and all that shiz
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There was another phase 1 there and that seemed to have the same problem. I want to get some though as they look amazing on black phase 1s
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 08:07 PM)nufc4frosty Wrote: Hi Darren, I saw your car at FCS and it look awesome! Just wondered where you got your angle eyes from? I noticed they don't fit great in the wing but guess there all like that

They always used to fit OEM, and will again one day, just havent had the chance..

Ive got an intercooler hose from the supercharger that gets right in the way of it, have already hacksawed the back of the headlight out, but its still not enough... Its function over form atm, but hoping to fix things like that this year...

(20-06-2012, 07:53 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Well my mans machine is up and running now he has a backlog but if you get stuck let me know, he was devastated to let someone down

I will let you know, I need to speak to others first to see what the situation is!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yeh no probs bud was just putting it out there
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks for that. Do these look like the 1s you have got

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-MK...4718wt_922
Thanks given by:
Bit out of date, as was all before FCS, but didnt upload as was to busy sorting the car out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQD7dybKC_M
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Epic job Darren sound feckin lush, and sorry for pulling out in front of you on the way back from FCS Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Haha no worries, it wasnt me driving anyway, I was in passenger seat, made chris drive it home as I couldnt be arsed after the drive up haha!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 07:12 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Haha no worries, it wasnt me driving anyway, I was in passenger seat, made chris drive it home as I couldnt be arsed after the drive up haha!

Lol fair play, isnt no fun bedding in an engine may aswell let someone eles do it Tongue

Quick question mate, over on my project thread you said you didnt like the lynx kit, whats the reasons behind it?

Thanks given by:
IIRC he thinks it's a bit of an overpriced lash up...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good job i did any where near RRP for it lol, TBH i would never of payed anything like that for it

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,130 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,535 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 189,597 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009