Ph1 Diablo D-turbo - Being Broken Up!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 Diablo D-turbo - Being Broken Up!
Iv only done the wing and door rubstrip fuel filler caps and rear boot strip and that use 1 can of primer 2 colour and 2 lacquer wasn't happy with the last strip so in the process of redoing it. Then iv got to do the opposite side then from and back bumpers! Front im going to partly respray the diablo and rear I'm going to wait for a good bumper as this ones seen better days!

In the mean time iv tried sorting the fogs out as the aim was all over and wouldn't budge so ended up stripping them down to which the metal surrounds were corroded beyond repair. So I was going to buy brand new off eBay and source some oem covers but couldn't find none so I found some cheap day lamps that fit the gap. Adapted them to go into the original housing there are smaller but with the covers on looking about right. I think it should help the retro look

Te glass below the new is the old unit lense
[Image: 9f1dde8c.jpg]

[Image: b41419d6.jpg]
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
All done now had to place screw through the covers as they dont secure very well and more than likely fall off or get pinched by the renegade kids round here.

[Image: ea985be5.jpg]
[Image: b32b6d50.jpg]
[Image: 3c9f3309.jpg]
[Image: c4a75d95.jpg]

Views????

Thanks given by:
my view is it needs lowering lol
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some minor updates went to the scrappy and raided a few boost pipes of a mondeo which is where the intercooler come from got a few bends etc also got a rear interior light and temp clock unit and prob plus minor other pieces.

So i started routing the FMIC pipes will look pretty oem except a few of the pipes have Ford on them lmao just need some more pieces and straights and itl be sorted.
[Image: 61793231.jpg]
[Image: eafaf333.jpg]
[Image: 117060ce.jpg]

Interior light needs wiring up
[Image: a3d55791.jpg]

Optimistic Temp display.....
[Image: 229ddc29.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Well went up to ripps place to have a few things sorted for the fmic. iv seen plenty fmic on here some good some just looked thrown together. i wante a decent oem looking install and ripps the man to see about that as i cant express highly enough what skills he has to offer. First up he welded the EGR plug up i was wanting to remove all the crap completely but ripp hadnt got his pedel to tig weld the ally up so went against it. then looked at the fmic went through a few routes and quickly decided my way would be highly impossible and look crap. so Went with this one in the end i think it looks quite smart! and allows to upgrade the cooler in future if i want to without to much messing around!

[Image: 2e4753b5.jpg]
[Image: e78dc2f7.jpg]
[Image: 1ad2f534.jpg]
[Image: a8651b46.jpg]
[Image: 10815adf.jpg]
[Image: 8cd151b4.jpg]
Not plumbed in but you get the idea i think it looks spot on and just what i wanted!

Thanks given by:
Cheapskate won't even put hose clamps on! lol
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
looking good dude.
Thanks given by:
Courtesy of Rippthrough i know have a new addition to the thread title!

Took the car to have a rr'd again after the bosch pump to see what its pulling now and was pleased for what iv got.

Modifications
K-14 with boost around 25psi
Single box exhaust system
Bosch pump mild tune and gov mod and DAN! Gov grind
MBC
Standard inlet

First run made 134 bhp wit 207lbs/ft also found i have a slightly leaking injector too
[Image: th_SAM_0799.jpg]

[Image: SAM_0819.jpg]

Slight dip top end this is either due too the slight mix of veg as the car has a dipp in power every so often on veg or the standard inlet choked it a bit!

So took it for a 2nd run this time removed the standard filter for a straight through one

Made 151bhp 203lbs/ft! cough cough yes i wish it bloody did!
[Image: th_SAM_0800.jpg]

Graph explains why!
[Image: SAM_0820.jpg]
Baisically one of the wheels decided it didnt like to grip the roller and lit it self up i was assured this was the case and not the clutch giving up.

3rd Run the owner got his sun to add weight onto the front to aid traction by the form of him sitting on it!
Made 136bhp and 214lbs/ft
[Image: th_SAM_0801.jpg]

Nice looking graph gov mod appears to extended the rev limit to around just shy of 4k
[Image: SAM_0816.jpg]

And not much smoke once it gets going just a light haze which im pleased about although the screws not been turned much.

Can any of the experts clarify if its a healthy tune given graph and smoke?

Also robbed a 307 of its 283 setup to help stop better! stripping it down and lick of paint to smarten it up. Should i go for a nice red that add 10bhp or subtle black???
[Image: SAM_0803.jpg]

Thanks given by:
that looks a nice smooth graph to me, but im no expert haha!
nice power anyhow!
brakes, gotta be hammered silver man, super oem
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
nice result Smile
Thanks given by:
more shimming needed . . ..imho . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys does need a lil more shimming although i cant really figure out when the fuel starts dying off i know me and padge are running the same amount of shim. dont want to shim it untill iv got the cold idle off matt if he can find a spare. so i dont have to open the pump up a few times. painted the calipers silver as it was the first colour to pick up! looks quite well i spent ages chipping the old rust off so look like new now.

Just need to source a bigger master cylinder trouble is the 6 one are 2 port in need a 4 port one!

Thanks given by:
great work with the engine there, nice brakes there also i'd stick with black for the calipers mate - i see no slider bolts there .. :|
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:great work with the engine there, nice brakes there also i'd stick with black for the calipers mate - i see no slider bolts there .. :|

Slider bolts are still in the carriers you can just about make them out in the pics. I think the engine has allot more to give still as it is. Little more shimming a decent induction should see it to 140. In the graphs you can see that the standard intake loses 3bhp alone

Thanks given by:
Not bad result tbh. Looks pretty solid. Get the fmic on there and up the fuel! :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got the calipers all sorted now all painted and lubed up
[Image: 824e2d0c.jpg]
[Image: 172e5356.jpg]

Going to fit them as and when I can hopefully the 307 discs share the same off set be a shame to waste the discs!

Thanks given by:
Kept my self busy today never intended on putting the breaks on till the weekend but glad i did now as mine needed some attention! First off pads were low not dangerous put bid need a change! and also the rubber hoses were cracking where they strain the most. Fun didnt stop there though the union connection from the car to the flexi hose didnt want to budge so after a few messages to Ripp and him being busy the local parts shop knocked up some new lines.

This side was too long as the previous ran under fuel lines and all sorts of directions to which couldnt be copied easily with the engine in
[Image: d9c3f850.jpg]

Nice fit!
[Image: cb522d9f.jpg]
[Image: e7ef94ab.jpg]

These cars like to tripod makes swopping the wheels round easy
[Image: a9782c68.jpg]

Also put 5.1 brake fluid through thanks to my new favourite bit of kit the eazzi bleed the best thing to use even if you use it only once! when i got to the back it was pure black! seems like its never been changed at all!
[Image: 50f5c238.jpg]

Then while i was playing decided to do more on the fmic nearly complete just need couple more lengths of steel tube few more connections beading then can look to connecting it all up
[Image: a68d645f.jpg]
[Image: 801ec5dd.jpg]
[Image: 463481bc.jpg]
[Image: a4684a4e.jpg]
[Image: 7d496247.jpg]

Thanks given by:
that FMIC looks super OEM, nicebirt
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:that FMIC looks super OEM, nicebirt

thanks it what im aiming to acheive with the whole setup

Thanks given by:
Been quiet lately nothing much been going off except little bits and bobs. iv been prepping the car ready for fcs detailing wise. the car is getting a full wet sand and tons of protection in form of sealent and multiple layers off canubra paste wax. done one side and here are the results

[Image: SAM_0997.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1001.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1002.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1005.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0926.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0931.jpg]

Some Beading
[Image: SAM_1011.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1014.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1016.jpg]

Also started on another little something.....
[Image: 55e30c9e.jpg]
[Image: b556a3f8.jpg]

as you can see its been welded on the piss to which iv been told is probably why it failed in the first place! this is in the pipeline but along way yet wanting the fmic putting in place first!

Thanks given by:
Right finally got hold of a cold idle spring! so went about fitting it
my make shift spring that i thought would work and an original on the bottom
[Image: SAM_1070.jpg]

While the pump was out thought id shim the gov more as has'nt made allot of difference with the graphs from the dyno so here is the original shim.
[Image: SAM_0785.jpg]
The washers old v new
[Image: SAM_1062.jpg]
And this is the new one
[Image: SAM_1068.jpg]
Almost solid!

For some reason the pump just fell apart nicely and went back nicely all being done within half an hour. the past few pumps iv done have been a right pain sorting but this one went very well!
The pump is now sub 900rpm while on idle with the fuelling turned up a lil more to although i knocked it back as it was smoking too much for my likeing to which it felt better! now it smoke a little under load and clears up top end. going to fiddle more with the lda settings to pull for slightly lower boost.

Also finished the rub strips and painted the rear spoiler too
[Image: SAM_1073.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1080.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1082.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1085.jpg]
[Image: SAM_1093.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Epic progress mate, that shim looks solid as you've said! Big Grin

Should get plenty of fuel up top with that now. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
been doing a little more tweaking on the pump settings with the lda spring turned it down a turn and seems to be pulling fuel in now when the turbo at its efficency range as now there bit more grunt mid range. getting more hazy smoke now than before but i can live with that.

Also on the T25 side of things split the old one of padges to realign it as it was welded on a pretty bad slant. Been able to mock it up and get positions of where things line up and trial fit silicone. been given an oil feed just need to find out what banjo bolts i need for oil and water ways

Picture of the angle the turbo was before
[Image: 8061c080.jpg]

Picture of it straightened up
[Image: 686aab12.jpg]

Bodge oem fitting boost pipe with silcone seems to be holding quite well mind
[Image: 8d12d1cd.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Little more updates received man t25 off DT Dan of what ever he is called think this one was of an s13 slight plaay in the shaft but this is because theres no oil in the turbo so swopped all the catridges around had trouble at first with the hot side catching on something turned out to be all the burnt oil and carbon was thick sanded it off nice and smooth and spins freely Clocked it on the mock hopefully shouldnt have to move it once on the car. I hope so as everything seems to line up.

[Image: 006d6759.jpg]
[Image: 2f4ca0d3.jpg]
[Image: 00fe0745.jpg]
[Image: 26eea3d4.jpg]
[Image: 641c592d.jpg]
[Image: 57a3f0cc.jpg]
[Image: a6f8ea0a.jpg]
[Image: 980c2ec4.jpg]

Going to be running it on the MBC and hopefully run a nice safe boost level to keep it reliable

Thanks given by:
looks good mate, glad it got there ok and again sorry for the delay, look forward to seeing this on Smile
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
no worries matey was just about to message you

Thanks given by:
Looking good. I've just finished my K04 build just need to fit it now Big Grin
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
There's a fooking red heap of scrap been abandoned in my yard, first person to tow in the morning gets it....
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Well nipped upto Ripps for 5 minutes to trial one of the new braces to see waht needs to be done for them to fit top mounts id taken most of my xantia setup with me so he could tack my turbo in place so i could take it to a cast welder and have it done and not worry bout it going on the piss. well when i say 5 minutes it always ends up being longer as always ended up being 2 days!

Reason being while i was there the brace wont go on with a top mount and i said it would struggle with xantia manifold so offered to take my manifold off so could find out how bad this is where the trouble started what should have been a simpleish job turned out to be a right pig of a job where we had to take the turbo off to get the inlet off because of egr crap! and so i found out my car runs 2 seperate gasket instead of one metal one which ended up be screwed! i had a one piece one set at home so after struggling to get manifolds off ripp then decided he was going to weld the t25 up all in one go! next thing i knew everything seemed to fall in place and ripp suggested why not finish plumbing fmic in which started to do then discovered my braided hose for the turbo would bolt straight on to my oil feed and before i knew it we was bolting that up! the turbo was in place and all tightened up and it became to late and ended for the day.

the following day came to conclusion the turbo elbow was a t poor angle for the exhause and caught on bit and bobs on the sub frame to which it wouldnt sit properly so turbo came off and whipped elbow off and repositioned it fitted fine. bolted every thing back up started it Massive exhaust manifold leak sounds like a petrol! Undecided so gave up as it was getting late again and car is drivable but not very good!

Pics of the past few days

[Image: b129642b.jpg]
[Image: 6b23a454.jpg]
[Image: 279d5852.jpg]
[Image: 8511e357.jpg]
[Image: 053b5a10.jpg]
[Image: 69ee45fa.jpg]
[Image: 9b37bcc6.jpg]
[Image: c459f3ee.jpg]
[Image: 87c12ed2.jpg]

Currently running top mount till i can sort everything out. it peaks at 15 psi at 4k but pulses in power and drops to 10 then rises back to 15 due to the leak which is a shame as its not coming into its prime. its just short power wise compared to the k14 but should be peaking quite well once leak is sorted.

Video of the leak
[Image: th_13a5e0cb.jpg]

all in all been productive and unexpected few days had'nt planned on putting the turbo on for a while was going to be the fmic first! but now once leak is sorted il be on the dyno see what i get the putting the inlet on.

Thanks to phillip and edd who helped out massively!

Thanks given by:
I only wanted to check the strut brace Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Danny's 7th D turbo, *BEEN BROKEN* Danny2009 240 78,520 15-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Phase one Diablo Red MOODY D Turbo ;) - UPDATED 10/9/12 gumball3000 38 14,455 17-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Curt
  Diablo D Turbo vlj 127 45,011 01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vlj