Ed's Dead Diablo Ph3 GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed's Dead Diablo Ph3 GTi6
LOL Come up to mine and ill machine buff her Wink
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha all these kind offers to machine polish my car; i need to take a cleaning tour of the UK lol

When you next down saaaf atters? Been ages since I saw you last!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Well i wont be at FCS or Pugfest as im "covering the Olympics". So i really have no idea! Sooner rather than later hopefuly but wont be until the back-end of the year Sad
Thanks given by:
Why is nobody offering to machine polish MY car goddamnit!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy Wrote:Why is nobody offering to machine polish MY car goddamnit!

As I've said to everyone, if you want me to, your coming to me and paying me
For materials lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:As I've said to everyone, if you want me to, your coming to me and paying me . . .

Giggedy giggedy goo!!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Seeing as there was little point in leaving the full spec on the car up in the FCS Submissions thread as almost none of it can be seen, and as I took so long to think about it/write it up, I'm just bunging it in here;

Spec.

Interior:
- Black Ice Magic Treex2
- Parcel-shelf-mounted Straw Hat
- Rear-view mounted Ear-plugs

Exterior:
- HID 3500k kit
- LED Fogs
- Removed Black B-pillar Trim

Suspension:
- Meyle HD Wishbones
- Gaz GHA Coilovers, 275lb main springs
- Compbrake Eccentric Top-mounts
- Fully re-bushed front suspension
- Rebuilt Xsara VTS rear beam, lowered ~40mm
- Baker BM Group-N Engine Mounts
-Group-N Exhaust Rubbers
-Phillipm Lower Strut-brace
- OMP Upper Strut Brace

Brakes:
- Brembo Discs all round
- Mintex 1144 pads all round
- Braided brake lines
- Painted Calipers (*To be done in the next month or so!)

Engine:
- Magnex De-cat
- PTFE Inlet Gasket
- Induction cone fitted
- De-Resonatorâ??d
- Mocal 13-row Oil Cooler with Thermostatic Sandwich Plate
- Nissens Ally Rad
- Lightened Billet flywheel
- Lightened Billet Crank pulley
- Griffiths Engineering Quickshift
- Running on Gulf Competition Ester Fully-Synth Racing oil.

Also, anyone got any ideas why my brakes would feel lumpy at low speeds? I was reverse parking it after Ace on Monday night and it felt like I was dabbing at the brakes even though my foot was only resting constantly on them slowing the car.... I'm thinking maybe warped discs? Which would make 2 sets of warped discs in 8k... brilliant :roll:
Thanks given by:
Id have thought warped discs that you could feel at such slow speed would be absolutely terrible once your braking from 70mph+? Are they okay at higher speeds?
Thanks given by:
im with dan, i wouldn't have thought warped discs, my old ones were warped, horrendous wobble while braking at anything 40mph+ but nothing at low speeds. you'd certainly know it if they were warped...
as for what the issue might actually be, maybe dodgy abs? other than that (total stab in the dark) i have no idea..
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Can give me the warped discs Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Either that or pitted discs from where it stood so long. This happened to me....with a brand new set of discs and pads all round Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Either that or pitted discs from where it stood so long. This happened to me....with a brand new set of discs and pads all round Sad

Does that happen from leaving the handbrake on? If so I don't think ed did
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
This thread just reminded me that I have a GE quickshift sat in the 'parts room' since Christmas that I need to fit.

How much was your Nissens rad and how much lighter is it than standard?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
lol, the GE is a proper good mod imo Smile Get on it!

The nissens was about £145 iirc; dont know how much lighter it is; it just doesnt rot as easy as the stock units. Mine was fubard anyway, so I thought id replace it with better than stock (as with pretty much everything that's broken since I've had it..!)
Thanks given by:
Or you've got a pad imprint from stopping with hot brakes - usually happens on the rear with the handbrake, should be able to see a slightly darker shadow on the disc at one spot if you look closely.

Scrub the discs all around with some fine wire wool + brake cleaner, see if it goes away
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Ed you payed 145 for your nissens? Did that price include the Vaseline?

Mine was 85 delivered and it was only an extra 6 quid for the gti one!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
GTi6 radiator is the same as a 1.8 one is it not?!

GTi tax y0h!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Haha nissens rads are only 80 quid normally, what happened there Ed lol?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Well it's all over.

I binned it this morning on the way to work.

[attachment=3]

[attachment=2]

[attachment=1]

[attachment=0]

I'm fine, bit burnt from the airbag on my arm (the driver & passenger airbags went off, UN BELIEVABLE!), but I made it to work eventually! I could definitely have come off a lot worse!

Long story short, a car reversing out of a drive on the left hand side of the road pulled out onto the kerb, causing a cyclist to swerve off the pavement and into my path (cycling towards me). I was obviously occupied avoiding the cyclist, and missed the car in front breaking (so hard his abs kicked in and he had to ride up a kerb to avoid the car in front of him he later told me) so I just went into the back of him. Realistically I've written his focus off (old style 52plate iirc...) seeing as he cant open his boot, and Ruan is probably coming up this weekend to take a look at mine to see if it's repairable. If not I've prettymuch decided I'm gonna suck it up and buy another one; I can't be without one over summer!! Just praying all my shiny bits aren't screwed; the ones I'm worries about are the coilies and eccentric topmounts, and the oil cooler. I dont *think* it got hit, but I'm not even gonna have a look till the weekend, it'll just depress me futher.

I am totally distraught. It sounds so gay, but you get so attached to these cars, and with all the work I put in (with Ruan too!) over the 2 years of owning, I feel like a person has died rather than me just binning a car! I know that's wierd, but I love my car, so there it is!

So there we go. I'm f**king depressed, I can't look at the photos right now.

/goes to find bottle of Whiskey

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks given by:
O.o that's a bit of a bash you've taken there.

That must be fixable though.

Have you discussed insurance liability with the other party?
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Second one in a couple of days to crash.. Hard luck i know how this feels Sad Hopefully its repairable!
Thanks given by:
Can I be the first to say..

..you obviously had your suspension set up wrong ninja
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sad This makes me sad.
Thanks given by:
O and to add id of hit the cylclist i wont lie.
Thanks given by:
Ah crap man! That really sucks! Such a shame. Hopefully most can be saved its gunna have to go through insurance so a cheap buy back? Then break/fix

5weeks to get a new car? Fcs?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shit Ed, that sucks.

Hopefully with the police there the bloke reversing out of the driveway is getting done for driving without due care and attention.

Oh and seeing how bent the front corner is it is repaiable but it wont be economical. To be done properly it would involve cutting a chassis leg off another 306, having it welded on and then the whole chassis jigged.

If you want to repair the pikey way hammers, jacks, big pry bars, rope and a lamp post will get the leg relatively the right shape then youll just need big washers and new bolts to make a new wing fit.
Thanks given by:
Toby; discussed liability, the driver I hit admitted in the police statement and in the one I took that his abs was going when he avoided the car in front of him, so in light of this I'm hoping to get knock-for-knock.

Bananaland: Me too!!! I fear it wont be though :'(

Cwspellowe, lmao glad someone has a sense of humor about this!!

Atters, I'm already rueing not hitting the cyclist. lady garden doesnt even pay road tax, its his lookout if he's on my road!

Phil: I was only tpft, and as it's either my fault or a knock-for-knock, I don't get any money at all. So it's up to me to recover the car and fix or break it... I'm praying I'll be able to look at it this weekend and it'll be repairable, but don't count on me making FCS...

Dum: The bmw driver and the cyclist f*cked off sharpish without stopping at all. Police didn't really care about them. End of the day circumstance still wont change that I hit the guy in front so at best as I said it'll be knock-for-knock.
the outer wing looks bad, but the inner wing looks ok I think. I don't know really though without taking a proper look. Tbh I don't want to think about it or build myself up that it's fixable before getting a properly good look at it. So we'll see, hopefully I'll have a chance over the weekend, and I'll report back when I do.
Thanks given by:
That sucks Ed Sad

On a plus note, how closely have you looked under the bonnet, Im not sure that the leg will have been bent to much looking at that....if thats the case its just a case of another diablo breaking car for wings / bumper / slam panel, bonnet and lights etc, which wouldnt be hugely expensive...if the front of the leg is bent a bit can easily be fixed, only real issue is if its properly bent the leg, but looking at the damage id not have personally said it has...try and take some photos in underneath around the front of the leg (abs pump area) etc so we can see better..

Gutting though, espically right after you got it back on the road! Sad
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ahhh no Ed, one of the nicest '6s on here too! Bad luck. Sad
Thanks given by:
I'm going to stick my neck out and say the bumper didn't take much damage, so likely you haven't hit the leg behind it. Maybe slightly bent it where the light meets it.

£1 says it's repairable.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diablo GTi6 restoration Joep83 2 2,452 27-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Joep83
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 43,041 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  Kezzers diablo gti6 Kezzer30 84 17,234 19-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Last Post: 7057sam