Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Update: blower motor issue full fan speed all the time
#1
I had been speaking to Tom on here recently with regard to a blower motor that won't adjust when dial is turned and this is just a quick update 

Disconnected temperature sensor behind map light still blows full
Checked voltages on the wire from control panel to motor and the voltages for each selection on dial are switching fine

Cut the wire and it still blows in full rather than shut off which I wasn't expecting

This is the third blower motor and they all test fine on the donor car 

Any more ideas guys?
#2
Jammed on relay?
#3
Not sure mate, worth a look thanks

The symptoms point to a faulty blower resistor but can't be unless somehow the car is killing the resistors?

Been looking for info on how the phase 3 blower works, diagrams etc but everything I see is from the non air conditioning model.

All I have found with regard phase 3 is that Apparently the fan is supposed to be on low all the time to cool the transistors but dont understand where it would get the signal for that.

The blower as far as I can see has positive, negative and control wire but I cut the control wire so shouldn't be getting a switch voltage
#4
Relay checks out fine, swapped it with another green one (power windows?)
#5
I've tested the control wire and voltages are incrementing fine.

Do you know the part number for blower transistors? Some say it's MJ11015 and other forums MJ11016

Don't want to fit the wrong ones as I believe one is NPN while the other is PNP!

If anyone can confirm that would be great
#6
I'm still stuck on this if anything me is able to help pls!


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Blower motor replaced and working but no air coming from vents? Zubes3 4 4,450 19-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Zubes3
  Another blower motor problem! NOSE 0 2,168 25-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Last Post: NOSE
Thumbs Down Any difference in blower motor Matt 6 4,024 09-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Dreijers

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)