Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
Oh and I used a 12mm inline grenade as the 10mm inline grenades actually reduced to 7mm internally!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Little update finally sorted a manifold it come this morning so naturally I was straight in shed this is were I am now

[Image: DSC_1362_zpsuigo33pt.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1363_zps424cv8u4.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1365_zps6aan2m7x.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1364_zpsz4hgs9hs.jpg]

So tacked it to manifold for now till I can I get up to ashs to mock it up on his engine make sure it's level and clocked right and will be close to going on just need to sort air feed, exhaust, and oil line so not doing to bad Smile

Thinking of keeping top mount for now till I get round to saving for fmic pipe etc not ideal I know but shouldn't be a big problem?

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Had issues with air getting in so fitted the 10mm lines

[Image: DSC_1369_zpsa1nl1jau.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1368_zpsrufrgx0u.jpg]

Running with out hand primer because it keeps sucking flat hopefully shall sort it before fuel filter blocks cos if not it'll be fun to change.......

Note the pipe running across top of radiator built in heater Tongue

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Liking the built in heater, and choice of hose for that matter.

5/5
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 02:50 PM)silverzx Wrote: Liking the built in heater, and choice of hose for that matter.

5/5

"built in heater" was a piss take must remeber sarcasm dosnt travel well on the Internet

But whats wrong with the pipe? It's rated for fuel so jobs a good en, the pipe that runs under car is alot thicker with more protection but only needed some clear so I can see if any air is getting it.

Thanks given by:
I like the idea of it running along the top of the rad actually, so long as it doesnt rub its not too silly. Although would take a while to warm up!!
Clear pipe is a good idea too, good for spotting air and fuel quality
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 03:42 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 02:50 PM)silverzx Wrote: Liking the built in heater, and choice of hose for that matter.

5/5

"built in heater" was a piss take must remeber sarcasm dosnt travel well on the Internet

But whats wrong with the pipe? It's rated for fuel so jobs a good en, the pipe that runs under car is alot thicker with more protection but only needed some clear so I can see if any air is getting it.

Huh

Nothings wrong with the pipe, I use the same..

And I know its not a "literal" "independent" heater but it still heats it..

There was no sarcasm intended at any point.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 03:59 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 03:42 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

5/5

Huh

Nothings wrong with the pipe, I use the same..

And I know its not a "literal" "independent" heater but it still heats it..

There was no sarcasm intended at any point.

Oh I take it back then sounded like you was being sarcastic. My bad Wink
(30-10-2014, 03:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: I like the idea of it running along the top of the rad actually, so long as it doesnt rub its not too silly. Although would take a while to warm up!!
Clear pipe is a good idea too, good for spotting air and fuel quality

I'll keep my eye on it just incase I did think that tbh cos it's got the fins exposed, but I've got another 9meters of it in shed if it does spilt lol

Thanks given by:
It's still sucking air in FML!! Angry

Thanks given by:
If the grenade is getting sucked flat i should think you've got a restriction around the pickup. If it's having to pull that hard to get fuel through then it'll suck in whatever it can from elsewhere, so fixing that could solve your air issue.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-11-2014, 07:08 AM)Poodle Wrote: If the grenade is getting sucked flat i should think you've got a restriction around the pickup. If it's having to pull that hard to get fuel through then it'll suck in whatever it can from elsewhere, so fixing that could solve your air issue.

I've cleaned the in tank pick up twice and made no difference, it is worth saying its on 100% waste veg oil.

Thanks given by:
Should be fine but try sticking the tank end of the fuel line into a little can of diesel and see what happens?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2014, 07:53 AM)Piggy Wrote: Should be fine but try sticking the tank end of the fuel line into a little can of diesel and see what happens?

To much fannying around just left it with out one and it's in boot if filter blocks it's only 2 clips and Its in to prime it up then put it back to normal. It'd be nice to have one in permanently but I can manage as it is.

Thanks given by:
You could put it in line parrellel with the line. Two T pieces and in between the two pieces a one way valve. Then it would flow through the pipe/one way valve as normal and the primer is there still if you ever need it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2014, 08:11 AM)Piggy Wrote: You could put it in line parrellel with the line. Two T pieces and in between the two pieces a one way valve. Then it would flow through the pipe/one way valve as normal and the primer is there still if you ever need it

It is an idea but still messing around, I shouldn't have the problem in the first place tbh, I'll sort it one day focusing on getting this gt20 on tho at min before I give up on it

Thanks given by:
I would be asking why its doing that tbh. Mine did that till I switched to a better fuel filter setup and improved primer.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2014, 11:42 AM)Piggy Wrote: I would be asking why its doing that tbh. Mine did that till I switched to a better fuel filter setup and improved primer.

It did it on a tt filter, and same on this set up, I'm out ideas apart from primer, never mind it'll be rate it'll probably be sold or scrapped in a few week anyway Tongue

Thanks given by:
Some little updates,

Decided to stip the leaky pump down so I can learn my self about Bosch pumps so I don't have to keep getting other people to build them for me. And here's what I found.

[Image: DSC_1386_zpspd5xesxu.jpg][Image: DSC_1388_zpsggypdxib.jpg][Image: DSC_1389_zpsitikjwav.jpg]

That's not rust btw it's veg oil residue, so after seeing this I'm strongly put off about running waste veg oil! So once I've used up my supplies ill be switching to new I think!

Then decided to get the gt20 welded to manifold and before people jump on me about my amazing "professional" welding it don't look pretty but it certainly isn't moving no were Wink

[Image: DSC_1390_zps79x50wsg.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1392_zpsrhtpodbq.jpg]

Some grinding of the manifold so the wastegate can open freely.

So all that's needed now is some exhaust tube, hp oil feed, and air feed then should be ready to go on.

And another little thing was casually looking on ebay at turbos and found a bargain that had the best offer function so decided to be cheeky and 24 hours later I have a new turbo Sat here

[Image: DSC_1395_zps0irqssso.jpg]

Gt2052v should make a good turbo if I can sort out controlling it, doing plenty of research in to it at the min really don't like the idea of boost can and high exhaust manifold pressure at a cruise, so looking in to electronically controlled but I need as much help I can get with that!

Also put a ground lda pin in the pump now feels a bit better for it, needs gov modding tho soon as I feel confident enough to do it I'll get it done.

So main focus at the min is get the gt20s on now then see what the spool times are like seen as its off the petrol one and go from there, but definitely want to learn about vnt control so in the future I could look in to something bigger Wink

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Im glad I only use fresh veg!!! That is some serious residue. Rebuild it as a spare though. Also the welding iant great but you dont see it there
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 01:55 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Im glad I only use fresh veg!!! That is some serious residue. Rebuild it as a spare though. Also the welding iant great but you dont see it there

I'm asking over over on veg oil fourm and they think it's something wrong with the veg oil, but I don't think I'm gonna carry on with it, all tho with the savings from buying derv I could buy a new bosch every tank full from scrappy Wink just hassle of swapping pumps all time.

Wonder what i can use to clean it up with.

Thanks given by:
Stick it in a degreaser or leave it soaking in bucker of diesel
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Looks like bad veg imho

I have mates who have done 50k on used veg (all be it they dewater it and settle and filter etc it first) and it all runs bang on. We even tool the top off a pump on one the other day and it was spotless still
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 03:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: Looks like bad veg imho

I have mates who have done 50k on used veg (all be it they dewater it and settle and filter etc it first) and it all runs bang on. We even tool the top off a pump on one the other day and it was spotless still

It's looking that way tbh, some on veg fourm thinks it's the mega fine stuff getting though that I need to get like 3/4 1 micron or 0.5 micron layered up then filter it that way afterrough filtering. My current set up pillow case inside 25/10/1 socks just doesn't filter enough Apprently.

Thanks given by:
Tried looking into an upflow system??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 04:00 PM)Piggy Wrote: Tried looking into an upflow system??

Never hurd of upflow but I'm sure Google will tell me what that is lol

Thanks given by:
I've ran veg for years and my pump is clean inside, something wrong there mate.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 04:24 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: I've ran veg for years and my pump is clean inside, something wrong there mate.

You run waste veg?

I know the problem now basically need to double/triple up on my 1 micron socks, so just bought 6 best be safe Tongue

Also pump in a bowl of derv soaking hopefully clean it back up.

Live and learn from it, it's all an experience Smile

Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 04:44 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 04:24 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: I've ran veg for years and my pump is clean inside, something wrong there mate.

You run waste veg?

I know the problem now basically need to double/triple up on my 1 micron socks, so just bought 6 best be safe Tongue

Also pump in a bowl of derv soaking hopefully clean it back up.

Live and learn from it, it's all an experience Smile

No, always new stuff mate.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yer this is waste stuff different thing really.

Seriously considering sacking off waste veg getting abit of a pain but the savings are immense over buying new oil never mind derv.

Thanks given by:
Gonna run Tesco diesel over the winter, comes in at £1.07 a litre with loyalty scheme.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 32,958 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 56,244 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 28,517 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton