April Club Camping Meet

Poll: Where shall we go for April Club Camping?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cornwall
59.52%
25 59.52%
Cumbria
40.48%
17 40.48%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Club Camping Meet
Connor Wrote:I thought he did say he was up for it though?

I never heard him say this!

I think it would be better if it was a campsite. Then we don't care if we trash the gaff lol. Also closer to shops would be good!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Read kez's post...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Read kez's post...
An fair enough!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Some pm darren lol
I cba
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im sure Scott or pheobe are sorting it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh fair enough... whilst theyre sorting out the rep system yeah?
Thanks given by:
^^^ lol Repped! ¬¬

Darren hasn't said we can camp at his - he actually says he'll try and sort something out - not that it's all sorted and we should pop over whenever we're ready.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Any news on this seeing as its a month away?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I should be up for this Big Grin
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
We have been having a bit of a discussion about this, and this is basically the situation...

As I said before, I'm more than happy to host a camping event in one of our fields, but the timing of this is a bit of an issue...A - It's a busy time of year on the farm for us B - There arnt many fields to use as stock are using grass fields and corn obviously wont be cut then...

So my suggestion / idea is.. If maybe this April event, could be moved somewhere upwards in the country, and then have a meet down here later in the year, when we have stubble fields available and more time... You could still have it down here in a campsite if wanted, but would then be no point organizing another free event in a field later on as no one is going to want to drive all the way down here twice...

So not sure how Mark is fixed for having it up his way in April, as that was the other original idea?

Thoughts?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Could we not just find a cheap campsite roughly in the middle of the UK and get the to sort us out a cheap price? that way everyones happy?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Coventry again anyone? Smile

I reckon we should keep it in the south because it's a month away now and some people might have planned for it in terms of their finances.
As the naked one said, could just get a campsite bang In the middle of the country. Fair for everyone then!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Coventry wasn't a bad meet to be fair. Nice drive down there, only thing i didn't like was the guy behind me in maccys drive through. He had an owl and was smoking a pipe! The hell!

But yeah, Will have a quick look for camping near coventry

EDIT, found this? But its for "grownups", Can we manage that?

http://www.somerswood.co.uk/

Another EDIT, this is in cornwall and opens in april, also has a lot of pitches available, reviews are pretty good too!

http://www.gwithianfarm.co.uk/

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Second looks good and 14 quid for 2 people a car and a tent a night isn't bad at all!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Do we have a rough idea on numbers? i will ring them up and see if we can get a group discount

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Do we have a rough idea on numbers? i will ring them up and see if we can get a group discount
there is a list somewhere
Thanks given by:
If it's specified as for "grownups" we'd probably be kicked off quick time. I'm with Niall on this one, we either need to go somewhere free or keep it in the south since I imagine a fair few people (myself included) have planned around it being down this way and, more importantly, cheap to do.

EDIT: That second one does look good....
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Neil Wrote:Coventry again anyone? Smile

I reckon we should keep it in the south because it's a month away now and some people might have planned for it in terms of their finances.
As the naked one said, could just get a campsite bang In the middle of the country. Fair for everyone then!

Bang in the middle of the country isnt fair for everyone at all, this is what always happens, and means all the northerners (mark airey etc) and all the southerners (me etc) always have the long trips, and everyone else dosnt, doing it up and down means sometimes you do, sometimes you dont....but as for april, I guess anywhere is ok, but as up north was the other original idea, I thought that would be second choice, as bang in the middle wasnt ever even on the poll / idea list at all....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
However just looked at where they are on the map. Would it not make sense to make it more north than that site now that we're not doing it at Darren's? That's about as far south as you can go. Would make more sense for it to be a bit more north for some of our more nothern members?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:If it's specified as for "grownups" we'd probably be kicked off quick time. I'm with Niall on this one, we either need to go somewhere free or keep it in the south since I imagine a fair few people (myself included) have planned around it being down this way and, more importantly, cheap to do.

The second link seems to be a lot more "Child friendly" so we should be ok there.

And by the looks of it the price should be fairly cheap there.

And neil i did wonder that, would be a lot fairer on the northerners!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:
Neil Wrote:Coventry again anyone? Smile

Bang in the middle of the country isnt fair for everyone at all, this is what always happens, and means all the northerners (mark airey etc) and all the southerners (me etc) always have the long trips, and everyone else dosnt, doing it up and down means sometimes you do, sometimes you dont....but as for april, I guess anywhere is ok, but as up north was the other original idea, I thought that would be second choice, as bang in the middle wasnt ever even on the poll / idea list at all....

Unfortunately though your never going to make it easy for everyone. My thinking was that if it's down south, northern lot have to do a big drive and if it's up north, the southern lot have to do a big drive. If its in the middle, it's about as fair as possible as it evens up the drives for the guys at the two ends of the country.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
How about around Derby/Stoke On Trent? Thats pretty much bang in the middle

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I think I'm out of this now. Just bough a road bike and not sure if I can get it off work wing a bank holiday weekend.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
why the feck why dont we just do it at curts (if he allows us)
it has always been epic there
noone to piss off
free camping
and lots of land/ bonfires/bbq;s
And Ed's Amazing '6 is there too.
And Fooby's broken ph2 fail'6 Tongue
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:why the feck why dont we just do it at curts (if he allows us)
noone to piss off
free camping

If its ok with him im happy enough

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:why the feck why dont we just do it at curts (if he allows us)
noone to piss off
free camping

Get on the blower to him then!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:How about around Derby/Stoke On Trent? Thats pretty much bang in the middle
MMMMM derby is in the middle and i can get it for the same price as fcs camping cause im thinking the same site. but to be fare i think a bit further down would be better because i think their are more members down south than up north and lets say another 20 miles further down would help you lot of southern fairies and aint that much further for us northern lot. just a thought.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Curts is still very south though. Not very central for everyone
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Curts is still very south though. Not very central for everyone

But it's freeeeeeeeee
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
that extra £10 saved from camping could get the northern lot an extra 80 miles Big Grin (if they have the right car)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 7,091 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  April Club Meet 2015 MY95 17 4,737 27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Summer Camping meet cully 49 7,439 22-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Just Sean