Ell Diablo - Hydraulic Clutch In

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ell Diablo - Hydraulic Clutch In
(22-02-2014, 05:25 PM)Tom Wrote: Very racecar. Epic work mate.

(22-02-2014, 05:28 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Nice. Can't wait to see how it all goes.

(22-02-2014, 05:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: As with mark, cant wait to see what you do Smile

Cheers guys Smile

(22-02-2014, 05:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Rear alfa gearbox is a great idea...spread the weight

That exactly the idea Smile Otherwise it would be a bit of an uncontrollable beast at full chat lmao

(22-02-2014, 06:02 PM)Seid Wrote: only to say.. like your avatar grant!

ahah

want to see that V8 in :p

btw, with the motor vibration the motor dont hit on the strut brace?

The engine hardly moves at all. Its chocked at the top mount. Obviously there is some, but not enough to hit the brace. There is about 12-15mm clearance, the pics are a bad angle to demonstrate that Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I am still amazed that I saw you in this at Ace!
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 07:27 PM)SRowell Wrote: I am still amazed that I saw you in this at Ace!

So am I lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Rover V8, Bell housing, Ford type 9 box, prop, Atlas axle

All cheap and easy bits to acquire?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
That was my thought about the Rover V8. Cheap, could get one on carbs, so no expense of the mapping, could supercharge or turbocharge for not a lot of cost. But then a 'better' job of it would be the Audi engine.

If I'm going to put so much work into it, I don't want to get a year down the line after completion and wish I had done it with a different engine.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
The rover engine actually brings a tad more scope, parts are so easy to get, they are light and so many aftermarket parts available, easy to work on too! the best thing though..... No electrics!!

If not I've got a 620 bhp SBC here to shift!! Lol

Box is cheap, and matches the axle too
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
How are you going to get the audi lump working without all the body electrics and that nonsense?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Body electrics?

If I was to use an Audi lump it would be on custom management. I would be using all the Audi auxiliaries. As far as possible any way.

And Jamie, that's a good point. What's the crack with this SBC? Why you getting rid? Although I feel my pockets may not be deep enough Wink lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
On other news...

SHINEYS!!!!

[Image: bba1d363-ce52-4f3f-a69f-e83df31dfe8c_zps4dd87298.jpg]

Waiting for me when I arrived home today Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 12:15 PM)Poodle Wrote: How are you going to get the audi lump working without all the body electrics and that nonsense?

Tbh you could get rid of most of the shit on there. Knowing audi, you would have to change a few sensors as they will use stupid ranges or resistances but put it on a Emerald K6 or Omex 710 and you would be fine. If you wanted to use the stock management however, you would be in for a world of german nazi grief!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oooh nice top mounts!

I'll cut to the chase, it's £6,500

It's the spare engine from the stock car. All the bits came over from America and it was built up. The one now is built by Gearte in America and shipped over, in all honesty I've never seen such a nice bit of workmanship as every part is matched and fiched. But they are anywhere from £14,000-£20,000 depending on what you want.

Thinking today, back on the rover v8 front, they are actually, pretty small in size which may help? Lol
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah. I'll have to pass on that lol

I would like to see pics though Wink

And yeah, the Rover's are more compact. They come up on the 'bay for about £90 regularly, and a full gasket set with head bolts is that again. That includes everything down to the diaphragms in the carbs....

Cant grumble at those prices. I just need to weigh up the pro's and con's of each engine.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, i was assuming you would be using stock management, keep forgetting aftermarket management for petrols is so much cheaper. Those top mounts look rad!

And yes, pics Jamie!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haven't got any pics to hand, this is an identical car, if anything a tad better, 7am at the NEC.

I've never heard a V8 so crisp or whippy, over £20k though, all to go stock car racing on a 1/4 mile oval! Lol

http://youtu.be/OjR67n9Tn3E
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
That sounds mental, better start saving Grant!
Thanks given by:
lol That is awesome Jamie. Although admittedly, not quite the application I was expecting.

Also:

More post arrived today Rofl

What's going on here?!

[Image: AC0C45AE-4C6E-4DDC-A257-2DDADA11536B_zpsurhcns25.jpg]

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
wow their tiny!

I would want to say custom gearbox rods, but look too small
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So. Today's progress ninja

[Image: F65AA7CB-9FCA-4672-903D-03ECAE31E4D0_zpsz8l7fya9.jpg]

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Is that a formula 1 or 2 stock car as the vid isn't working for me Sad

Spent many hours 10+ years ago going to stock car events with a mate as he had a formula 2, an uber tuned 2.0 ford lump and that was rapid on a short oval at Cheddar and Taunton
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Sequential conversion i take it, hope you get it working dude, can make me one. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
hydraulic clutch id take a punt at
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Nice work, Awesome stuff
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 10:52 PM)Grant Wrote: That was my thought about the Rover V8. Cheap, could get one on carbs, so no expense of the mapping, could supercharge or turbocharge for not a lot of cost. But then a 'better' job of it would be the Audi engine.

If I'm going to put so much work into it, I don't want to get a year down the line after completion and wish I had done it with a different engine.

You will, there's V8's all over in the Safari scene as loads of the cars are 30-40 years old, and I challenge you to find one person there that would put one back in if you gave them the money to start from scratch. Okay 30 years ago, just an oversized doorstop these days. It costs a fortune to get any decent power, they're shit on fuel and you have twice the running costs as any half decent 2L 4 cylinder that'll make the same power these days, and one on carbs is just a ballache full stop when it comes to feeding it fuel and keeping everything sweet in all weathers, they go out of sync for fun because the cylinders don't breath evenly to start with. A lot are saving a few quid and dropping the Jag V8 in now, with or without charger, much more power, similar weight, more reliable, parts are just as easy to find.

And check your shielding on that welding, it's full of pin holes! Wink Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Looks like some kind of hydro clutch slave set up. So awesome the way you just think up and make this shit, love a bit of fabrication!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hydro clutch isnt it?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's a hydro clutch conversion. Had the idea a few weeks back and went to the scrappy yesterday. Got 2 sets of slave, master cylinders and pipe work for 15 quid Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah, as said its a hydraulic clutch setup.

The pictures above are of the master cylinder actuation.

Niall came round today and we managed to get the slave mocked up onto a mount:

[Image: E1CA2ECB-8CF9-48B6-AA9F-1FD2DC8250D7_zpskcufo5zf.jpg]

And also a plate on the clutch arm for it to push on:

[Image: CD975C0D-CB44-469F-8C76-038EDC7CA3C7_zpsxz3lb65q.jpg]

All that is really left to do now is mount it to the gearbox and get a hose made up to connect the master and slave cylinders. Then pray that it works lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Aw, sequential conversion would have been so much more win lol. So, you've installed all the pita bits from a hydro clutch, yet not the actual clutch bit...?

K...

Why..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 10:03 PM)Poodle Wrote: Aw, sequential conversion would have been so much more win lol. So, you've installed all the pita bits from a hydro clutch, yet not the actual clutch bit...?

K...

Why..?

What else is there to install? There is a master cylinder, a slave cylinder, then the gearbox. It's the exact setup from a 206. Save the clutch pedal operation and clutch arm.

What do you mean by 'clutch bit' ? A hydraulically operated release bearing? If so, that's a hell of a lot more work!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah, because peugeot bodged a half-hydro setup into some engines because all the later engines used proper hydro clutches, no? As far as i was aware the only benefit to installing a hydro clutch was the increased torque-holding, which isn't exactly a worry on this, or is it? Basically i don't get why you've done it, why have you done it? lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: