The Meatwagon: Missing, presumed..?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Meatwagon: Missing, presumed..?
people that actually hate it are sad act bastards. End of the day, its a car. So what if it looks like your preparing for the end of the world lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Exactly, but them having a reaction means it's hit a nerve. The comment about it being a waste of a car? How? It's still more practical than a lot of cars as it's still an estate, it just has added roof storage. And 440W of light. And hazard beacons for roadside safety. Oh and nice wheels. And a big turbo. And stickers.

But it still does what a car should do :/

For today's shenanigans, I hadn't actually planned doing anything with the car. In fact I spent the day at Summerlee transport museum with the family and ended up getting more attention in the tank than anything else did in the museum, was a kids' fun day thing going on so the car went down well lmao

We then went to visit the inlaws' house and erm, i started rummaging. Lured to the back of the shed by my old bianca ph3 bumper, with ideas in my head about how to modify it to fit the tank, I stumbled across something quite remarkable.

An old fence panel.

Annoyed by the constant rattling of the medi box bolted directly to the roof, I figured out a brilliant solution to end the noises once and for all. I also happened across some other random shite lying around that was free to a good home, and promptly made use of it.

[Image: DSCF0735_zps297f46cb.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0736_zpsb7694ac7.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0737_zps6ca8cb26.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0739_zpse6aaeb53.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0740_zps2d81db12.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0741_zpsf36383cf.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0733_zpsac32f3bb.jpg]

Oh and then I found my leftover cans of paint, three black and three green. They were bundled in the back for some on the go touchups, and I had a marvellous idea yet again. Why bother cleaning the engine bay when I can just do this?

[Image: DSCF0742_zpsb4b7604e.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0743_zps163622ce.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0744_zps03da6bba.jpg]

Got far too cold to finish so that's on the cards for tomorrow. But yeah, two problems solved for zero financial outlay. Result of a day!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The volkslinger jobbie was in fastcar this month, matt black engine bay in that is legendary, he touched it up at the photoshoot lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Only issue I can see with painting a DT engine bay black... well, how do you know when you've got a CHRONIC oil leak?! Tongue

Looks so win this. Can't believe I've not commented before (how rude of me, seeing as you've always been so polite, complimentary and civil in my project thread... Tongue )! Really like the new look Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 08:43 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Only issue I can see with painting a DT engine bay black... well, how do you know when you've got a CHRONIC oil leak?! Tongue

Looks so win this. Can't believe I've not commented before (how rude of me, seeing as you've always been so polite, complimentary and civil in my project thread... Tongue )! Really like the new look Smile

Ignorance is bliss my rocker is naffed by the time iv got to work i can see/smell the burning oil Big Grin

The photoshoot pics were cool needed more zombies though Sad
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Exactly, oil leak ignorance is bliss lmao

I judge severity of oil leaks on the size of the puddle left on the floor. No puddle, not yet a problem
Thanks given by:
why didn't you put the bullbar on for the photoshoot? would have loved to see it with it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I haven't got round to mounting it and to be honest it's going to be a bit of a pig to fit, it's FAR too big!

Anyone know where I can get that heatshield stuff you see on external exhausts like on Caterhams and lorries and shit? I want my exhaust external, flat black and pointing up the rear quarter. With a flap on the end.

Like this stuff

[Image: 0812_11_z%2Bcaterham_superlight_r400%2Bh...system.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao that exhaust is win.
Thanks given by:
I know, I need one like that up the side of the estate, quite badly too.

I f*cking LOVE the brlrrlllUPMh puh puh puh brrrrlluMPH tap tap tap of a smokey derv with a flapper exhaust tip
Thanks given by:
It'll be even more offensive too if you paint it some obscure colour (so they don't expect it), with a 'look here' sign and arrow pointing to the flap, so when you rev it the flap opens and they get a nice face full of coal.
Thanks given by:
I personally think i should do this very soon...

[Image: smokestack_zps32873620.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do another shop with it higher!
Thanks given by:
God's sake.. are you ever happy?
Thanks given by:
Yes yes and yes, I approve. Has to be done
Thanks given by:
[Image: tallsmokestack_zpsa492ef10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scotts right. Need to be about 4 inches about roof level. Would be epic!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Would diesel rubbing work to age the paint? I know its done to darken rust normally, maybe worth a go. And that exhaust would be win, how well would it go down with the police though?
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That exhaust is so much win

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
You might be able to use and bend a bit of cable tray to fit round your exhaust...

Or

[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
that exhaust would be epic but if you do it, this is clearly required:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Def...257c48ba08
Thanks given by:
This man may have a point...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Exhaust has to be done!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
+1 for the safari snorkel, looking great though mate!!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
You could have snorkel on one side coming up the windscreen and exhaust on the other side of the screen!!! Would be epic
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
+1 again on the snorkel...needs to be done
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
love it haha what is rear boot spoiler off?
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 10:14 PM)Jonny b Wrote: You could have snorkel on one side coming up the windscreen and exhaust on the other side of the screen!!! Would be epic

Until you get a crosswind that blows the smoke straight over the snorkel lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 03:30 PM)Niall Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 10:14 PM)Jonny b Wrote: You could have snorkel on one side coming up the windscreen and exhaust on the other side of the screen!!! Would be epic

Until you get a crosswind that blows the smoke straight over the snorkel lol.

Chances of that happening is about a million to one driving at 30mph.
and even if it did happen dont see how itd differ from an egr system...

Epic estate man, wish i hadthe balls to drive around something like this.
Needs bullbars though!

Also this needed for bonnet: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-CHROME...506wt_1037
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 07:53 AM)ashkid Wrote: love it haha what is rear boot spoiler off?

Cheers man, spolier is from a classic impreza wrx wagon.

Really should consider the legality of these things before buying parts, thankfully common sense prevailed last night and i'm going to speak to a few people about the "smoke stack".

Meanwhile i'm considering shooting out to get a 30-70 time. Hmm. Don't want to kill a turbo, but don't want to never find out...
Thanks given by: