Posts: 1,070
Threads: 115
Joined: Oct 2012
Does anyone know what size the exhaust mani spacers are? Since changing my manifold gasket, it has started blowing again. I've stripped the intercooler off and I can see at least 1 spacer+nut missing which must be allowing the gases past. And would these ones from a 206 fit if I can't get new ones in the right size?:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-1-...35c58f6fee
Posts: 8,423
Threads: 171
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
46
Location: Portsmouth
Car Model/Spec: Black 3dr Dturbo
306 ones are spring loaded ones iirc. They look similar to that but they have like a but with a cap
I used a clothes peg hook :-) same size and done the job until the car died :-)
/pikey
Posts: 1,070
Threads: 115
Joined: Oct 2012
26-03-2013, 06:59 PM
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2013, 07:00 PM by 306Puggy.)
I'm afraid I don't follow

The spacers that I removed from the exhaust mani studs were just a cylindrical piece of metal. I can't see how a spring would fit into them, but I could be wrong. Edit: are you sure you are not getting muddled up with the downpipe bolts/nuts? They have a spring in them to absorb vibrations.
Posts: 2,526
Threads: 143
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
10
Location: South East London
Car Model/Spec: Ph3 XUD
Those might be ok, certainly look similar to the ones I put back in the other day.
Posts: 199
Threads: 16
Joined: Mar 2013
Reputation:
0
Location: Meath
Car Model/Spec: 406TD/XUD Corolla/lolvan
Any ones I've seen from a turbo are the same size, unsure about non turbos
Posts: 1,070
Threads: 115
Joined: Oct 2012
Okay next question: how many studs are there? I seem to think it was 8 but from this photo I would work out that it is 6:
![[Image: P1010009_zps15825206.jpg]](http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/Flynn_bucket/P1010009_zps15825206.jpg)
You can see the stud that is missing the spacer there, btw.
Posts: 3,342
Threads: 151
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
14
Location: Rotherham
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
There's 3 each side pal 2 at the top one at bottom same the other side 6 altogether
Team Doesn't own a 306
Posts: 2,612
Threads: 124
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation:
26
Location: Some dimension
Car Model/Spec: Megane DCiR
I had this problem but the threads on 3/4 holes in head were stripped so i helicoiled head and put bolts same size as thread on the stud in place you could do that on this one bolt and use 13mm deep socket to nip up with a washer