• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Dturbo- now NAD
f*cking specified thread not existing crap
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thought i'd chuck this in here;

From left to right - GT25V - T2 - K14 - Rspec boost controller

[Image: hL34C.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Dude, good work.

A) I feel your pain about VNT control, wish i had a spare £20 and I could probably have mine working on the bench.

B) Im sure your turbo looks bigger than mine.
Thanks given by:
Only just noticed that pic! Yes Chris it is pretty huge, hoping it's not too big.
I've got some shots of it bolted to the mani and put on the spare engine, so big the stud spaces where fiddly to get in and that's with no mani-turbo plates.

I've been busy spending money on this car recently, I've bought new clutch and throttle cable, 3" silicone induction flexi hose to fit the inlet of the GT, 2.5 mandrel bend, reducer pipe, flexi pipe and CV boots. Surprising how it all adds up.
I just need an oil line sorted and get the down pipe and holes drilled and tapped in the mani and that should be it as far as fitting it goes.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
on the subject of your lda pin, i think i read somewhere that it was from a rover derv engine?
id like a more aggressive grind on my pin and yours looks about as extreme as they get, was there a reason for a rover pin like do they have a steeper curve than on xud pumps?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's right ozone, I fitted it because it has a much better standard grind than a 306 one, tapers centrally. Then I ground the shit out of it with a bench grinder.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 09:09 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Yeah that's right ozone, I fitted it because it has a much better standard grind than a 306 one, tapers centrally. Then I ground the shit out of it with a bench grinder.

cheers mate, il keep an eye out in the scrappys Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Had a bunch of stuff arrive in the post today, just like christmas!
Managed to fit the clutch cable and throttle cable, what a difference. Both cables were original ones and as you can imagine 22 year on they weren't in the best shape.
I have the weekend off work so am planning with help of a ginger to get the C.V boots fitted as the MOT's in march.
Also managed to get time to pop down to the local forge and they are going to make me up a plate for the GT downpipe and have paid for an oil line which should be made up over the next few days off Jenkosowls. Getting there.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_01231_zps3755d8a3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_01201_zps054b7622.jpg]
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
nice progress! looks good! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol, I should have copyrighted that downpipe, every lady garden's doing it now!

How did you get the elbow to fit then? Smashy smash?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking good babe. I need to hurry up with mine. Tempted to buy a MIG welder to do it myself as im assuming paying for turbo relocation and a custom exhaust will be £ra*e.99
Thanks given by:
I thought of it years ago when you where pissing round with GTI's! Tongue

That was just rested on, I'm getting a plate made up this week. I may end up using turbo mani bolt spacers on it that will be ground away slight so i can get as much room as poss for the bolt which sits under the bend.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 10:24 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Lol, I should have copyrighted that downpipe, every lady garden's doing it now!

How did you get the elbow to fit then? Smashy smash?

Lolwat, you copied off me, you bellsniff!

AFAIK I was the only other DT owner to sack off the shitty downpipe flange other than Darren until Garaculas did his Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Lol thats how ive been welding downpipes for years...who welded yours ruans Wink Tongue

Looking foward to seeing this up and running, because I think your going to be shocked how rude it ins lol!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Just picket up the downpipe plate, needs the pipes welded onto it and it should be ready to bolt on nearly, well I'll have all the bits apart from the oil feed and the return needs re-drilling.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
looking good chap...keep it up
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Never realised how f*cking huge the VNT is, it looks massive in the pic!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Bud im gonna make up a braided AN fitting oil line for mine if you want me to make you one. Just stuck between AN4 and AN6. Think Id have to watch with AN6 that the feed wasnt bigger than the return but you cant get an AN4-M16 adaptor so then you need to make the block fitting M16>AN6>AN4 and thats just a bit of a bodge (and costs an extra fiver). Looking like £30-£35 for a stainless overbraided line rated for fuel, oil and alcohol and rated to 1000psi.
Thanks given by:
I just bought one of jenkosowls for £36 with an M10 banjo, straight fit.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Same here, M10x1.0 for Garretts usually iirc
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine came with a oem adaptor which takes m10 luckily. Should be getting it next week hopefully.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
*Snip*
Thanks given by:
LOL naughty.
Thanks given by:
Not me officer, random vid we found on the net! Angel
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I got a lot of time for that video!
Thanks given by:
Almost there on the getting it fitted side of things, just need 2 bolts drillin' n' threadin'
I'm seriously worried after doing some measurements that it's not going to fit down the back :/ it measures 9 inches from block to the outermost part of the blower, that's with no manifold adapter plates! Which I'm not using luckily. Also one of the exhaust studs needs trimming by about 1cm because the compressor wheel is so large.
I think I may have pushed it too far this time, I hope not though as I've spend a fair amount on this project so far.

Here's my down pipe

[Image: IMG_02091_zps133c800e.jpg]

here it is test fitted to the engine

[Image: IMG_02181_zpsf062c20f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_02191_zps820ed3cf.jpg]

Thoughts welcome!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I think your gonna have issues mate but nothing a hammer wont fix. Have you seen how far out the turbo is on my 2.1 and that fits with some minor chassis adjustments. Also you have more space down the back IIRC. Itll be tight but tight is good.
Thanks given by:
As saying earlier, when we come to fit it, IF it's not happening, we can smash some bulkhead; if it has linkage isues, then we're gonna have to shift it across, either all the way to the battery, or slightly towards the N/S. Only time will tell!

Don't lose hope!! ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Woah that turbo is huge, ive never seen a 205 soooo quick in my life untill I saw it on the way back from ace
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by: