Breaking a 306...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking a 306...
Well, as title, I know loads of you've done it so how much do you roughly get breaking a 306? Either hatch or estate...

And what are the 'best' selling items?

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Well it's going to depend heavily on what 306... If it's a '6 it's going to have a lot more desirable parts that are therefore worth more than, say, a povo 1.4...
Thanks given by:
Me and Niall broke a 1.8 meridian and got about £750. Thats before deducting the cost of the car, and the parts we kept ourselves
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I got about 600 from my diablo meridian but didn't sell the engine /panels/ beam
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Your breaking it because of a small bit of rust? Man up.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I got £1200 for a GTI6

-£350 for the cost of the car

so around £850 profit

also kept a few bits that were worth around £400 second hand

Not bad for 2 days work

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Not mine Niall. lol Unless I can't p/x it anyway, as it won't pass MOT in March, and a car with not MOT or tax is worth sod all whole.

I'd seen another that might've been worth breaking though, it was a HDi meridian hatch... What are the main 'easy' things to sell?
Thanks given by:
beam
seats
lump
struts
Brakes
wheels

This is what i find flys off thhe shelf with gti's

ph3 head lights

Thanks given by:
Dials, heater dials if no cracks on AC button, ECU BSI and Lockset

List goes on...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Bumpers, interior, black ABC Pillars, interior plastics, heater fan, wiper motors, fuel pump, speedo, maybe the doors and wings. Definitely the bonnet and maybe the boot.

From the 1.4 I probably made about £350 and I have all the spares I need!
Thanks given by:
I find doors seem to be hard to shift, but the rest of that is pretty much the same as what sold well from the golf. Hmm, definitely some profit to be made I reckon. ninja
Thanks given by:
ECU, maff, wheels, panels ect. depends on colour aswell if its popular you will sell the panels quick if there mint
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
ph3 & 6's are where the money's at

Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 06:41 PM)puglove Wrote: ph3 & 6's are where the money's at

yep you wont get anything off the others unless its limited edition, special parts or extremely good condition.

Remember I was lucky being able to shift £200 worth of parts straight to dec for his dturbo!
Thanks given by:
It's not worth it unless its a gti6.

But about £600-700 max
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 08:57 PM)Birk Wrote: It's not worth it unless its a gti6.

But about £600-700 max

If I broke my dt

£120 scrap shell
£100 blue s16 seats with door cards
£200 - £250 full Bosch and tdo4 setup
£50 block
£100-120 xsara 21mm rear beam
£20 Lockwood ph1 dials
£10 MBC
£40 '6 brakes
£30 spoiler
£30 interiors parts
£120 nimrods
&

£??? Fondmetals with good prada tyres

I recon at least £800 =\
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I made about £1800 off the GTi, but a lot was reinvested in the estate. That had a lot of custom shiny bits though ninja
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao Pellowe love the new sig!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Aw it's too small, i embossed a turb0z on the gravestone but you cant see it Sad
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scrap is at £130 a tonne.

I got £62.50 for my 5dr she'll yesterday.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 09:51 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Aw it's too small, i embossed a turb0z on the gravestone but you cant see it Sad

can if viewed on a computer Big Grin

so where has he gone anyway
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I reckon youd get £500 to a grand breaking depending on what it was, how much time your willing to spend listing little bits on ebay and what car it is. a ph3 GTi6 could make alot of money especially if its got a few mods.

£200 engine
£100 box
£100 clones
£50 inlet manifold
£100 seats
£100 rear beam
£50 brakes

£700 there just for the big stuff

then you have all the small stuff like steering wheel, center console, master cylinder, clocks, carpets, lift pump body pannels, bumpers, skirts, crystals, rear lights, mirrors, spare wheel, battery box, wiper motors etc.

Tom if you find one cheap and think you can make the money I might be able to help with fronting some or all of the money for a cut of the profits.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the offer Chris, but I do have a small amount of money aside for this (or similar) so I'm ok from that aspect. I don't think there'd be enough profit to share in all honesty though. But thanks anyway.

Browsing ebay I've just found another potential breaker, a golf that's gonna be written off due to rear end damage....hmm, wonder how I could get it to mine, could triple the cost with that to be honest.

I do have a lot of time and will list everything on ebay, that's the only way I made 2200 from the golf, spending time taking every last thing off and sticking it on ebay and posting stuff.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 10:52 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Thanks for the offer Chris, but I do have a small amount of money aside for this (or similar) so I'm ok from that aspect. I don't think there'd be enough profit to share in all honesty though. But thanks anyway.

Browsing ebay I've just found another potential breaker, a golf that's gonna be written off due to rear end damage....hmm, wonder how I could get it to mine, could triple the cost with that to be honest.

I do have a lot of time and will list everything on ebay, that's the only way I made 2200 from the golf, spending time taking every last thing off and sticking it on ebay and posting stuff.

I'd say go for it... Find one that you are guaranteed to make a profit off and do it... Reinvest the money and you could make some steady cash !

delboy Wrote:This time next year Tom......millionaires
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Haha, you never know! A million would be nice tbh...

The main issue is the logistics of getting uninsured cars to mine....hmm...
Thanks given by:
Yellow pages? Man with flatbed?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Insure them for a day? Admiral only charge me £15 for a day - not great, but not exactly bank-breaking either.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Saw the title of this thread, saw the OP and thought - "Hmmm Toms doesn't normally need any help breaking a 306..."
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 05:06 AM)Poodle Wrote: Insure them for a day? Admiral only charge me £15 for a day - not great, but not exactly bank-breaking either.

The golf that I was looking at is a write off (rear end knock) so can't be used on the road/a frame etc. Jakes idea would be best, but I don't know anyone with a flatbed. Would have to see if I could find one.

(10-01-2013, 08:32 AM)burnmw Wrote: Saw the title of this thread, saw the OP and thought - "Hmmm Toms doesn't normally need any help breaking a 306..."

Haha, very true! lol
Thanks given by:
I use a local recovery bloke charges decent prices have a ring about mate
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by: