Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6
You must drive you car balls out on the edge of its structual capabilty to be getting that sort of mpg.... My six no matter how bigger dose of death it gets never dips below 32mpg and i carry round a full interior and enough mcdonalds that the car actually sit higher when i empty it out.
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 03:37 PM)thethorne Wrote: You must drive you car balls out on the edge of its structual capabilty to be getting that sort of mpg.... My six no matter how bigger dose of death it gets never dips below 32mpg and i carry round a full interior and enough mcdonalds that the car actually sit higher when i empty it out.

Nah driving on the edge is sub 20mpg.

I spend alot of time driving "in traffic" and doing 2nd gear overtakes.
Thanks given by:
I'm getting around an average of 23mpg which is mainly town driving and hoonage, can get about 35-40mpg on long trips/MW driving though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 03:37 PM)thethorne Wrote: You must drive you car balls out on the edge of its structual capabilty to be getting that sort of mpg.... My six no matter how bigger dose of death it gets never dips below 32mpg and i carry round a full interior and enough mcdonalds that the car actually sit higher when i empty it out.

Dose of death, gti6 and 32mpg do not belong in the same sentence. One of them has to be inaccurate.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Believe me, i do a lot of miles. I bought it in march with 155k on it and it's now on 166k. If it did any less than 30 MPG i wouldnt be able to afford to run it.
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 03:59 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: I'm getting around an average of 23mpg which is mainly town driving and hoonage, can get about 35-40mpg on long trips/MW driving though
Glad im not the only one then. I cant do well with economy on the motorway as the 6 just loves to build speed on the motorway and i dont tend to notice it doing so.

(26-08-2012, 04:23 PM)thethorne Wrote: Believe me, i do a lot of miles. I bought it in march with 155k on it and it's now on 166k. If it did any less than 30 MPG i wouldnt be able to afford to run it.
TBH some days i do have to consider weather im actually gonna drive places cos of the cost of driving the beast.
Thanks given by:
If fuel goes up any more then i will have to consider buying a second car or selling up
Thanks given by:
I think a LPG 6 could be pretty cool.
Thanks given by:
Jamma mayhew has done it hasn't he?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

How in the f*ck do you get that mpg!?
I never get anywhere near that
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jamma did do it.It sounds more hassle than its worth.I ve heard he s just running petrol now.
We all told him not to do it and buy a cheap dturbo or hdi
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 04:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think a LPG 6 could be pretty cool.

Its been done on the 6 forum? cant see it being as pokie

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
No not on 306gti6.com.heard them being on other pug engines also heard they eat injectors.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 09:39 PM)7057sam Wrote: No not on 306gti6.com.heard them being on other pug engines also heard they eat injectors.

UUMMM yes on 306gti6.com Tongue

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=148591

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 08:47 PM)7057sam Wrote: Jamma did do it.It sounds more hassle than its worth.I ve heard he s just running petrol now.
We all told him not to do it and buy a cheap dturbo or hdi

Don't think that's an option. Someone from the 6forum owning a diesel?
But diesels are shit and slow so no one should ever own one....

The only reason why I still have my DT is the amount of driving I do and the price of fuel.
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 09:39 PM)7057sam Wrote: No not on 306gti6.com.heard them being on other pug engines also heard they eat injectors.

Not if you get decent injectors.

Ive actually been looking into LPG and the reasons people say its so unreliable for over a year.

I am looking at building my own LPG kit from decent parts, not one of these £500 ebay kits, and running LPG full time from a standalone ECU not one of these systems where you have to start it on petrol.

The long and short of it is that its just as safe and reliable as running on petrol if done right and yes, although it has a few less calories per liter you can just inject a higher ratio of LPG than petrol, the other main gain is performance from the fact that LPG is about 110 RON so you can run a higher compression ratio and/or more advance.
Thanks given by:
All trolling aside Chris, what about the additional weight from having an additional tank and the other parts of the kit?
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 10:36 AM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Don't think that's an option. Someone from the 6forum owning a diesel?
But diesels are shit and slow so no one should ever own one....

That's why I left the '6 forum.. couldn't bear the embarrassment!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 03:41 PM)Scott Wrote: what about the additional weight from having an additional tank and the other parts of the kit? Trololol

You may as well have written it like that^^ haha
LPG should be interesting with the planned NOS
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh this could be excellent, I was looking forward to outdragging you in my stock '6, complete with interior, but now I have the peasure of watching your car explode in my rear view mirror as well! Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 03:41 PM)Scott Wrote: All trolling aside Chris, what about the additional weight from having an additional tank and the other parts of the kit?
Will be pretty much offset by loosing the weight of the standard fuel system. Yes the tank is gonna be a bit heavier but halfing my fuel costs would be nice. The rate theyer predicting fuel prices to go it seriously wont be long before I have a £100 fill up

(27-08-2012, 04:24 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Oh this could be excellent, I was looking forward to outdragging you in my stock '6, complete with interior, but now I have the peasure of watching your car explode in my rear view mirror as well! Tongue
Wont happen mate and you know it.
Thanks given by:
Cant wait for all the shinys to be on tomorrow, Im so glad im working tonight cos im so excited I dont think id sleep anyway.
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 07:13 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cant wait for all the shinys to be on tomorrow, Im so glad im working tonight cos im so excited I dont think id sleep anyway.

Haha I get paid tonight so I'm exactly the same. Can order lots of shiny tonight!!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 04:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Will be pretty much offset by loosing the weight of the standard fuel system. Yes the tank is gonna be a bit heavier but halfing my fuel costs would be nice. The rate theyer predicting fuel prices to go it seriously wont be long before I have a £100 fill up

Yeah I hear the plastic fuel tank weights a tonne, along with the fuel filter and plastic filler neck. That'll easily be heavier than the metal tank containing the lpg. and the extra injectors. and the extra fuel lines. And the tank mounts. Not to mention it'll be mounted higher, increasing COG.
Yep, easily what 40-50% lighter I reckons...

Joking aside though, are you tring to make it heavier again for when you weigh it in?

Tongue
Thanks given by:
No im making it heavier again for a fuel system that allows me to run around at about 75ppl rather than 145ppl

also its not extra injectors and extra lines, if I do it itll be a full swap.
Thanks given by:
Really? I thought there can be quite a lot of problems when running just on LPG, especially in the colder/damper months?
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 07:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: No im making it heavier again for a fuel system that allows me to run around at about 75ppl rather than 145ppl

And the weight? Tongue

(27-08-2012, 07:58 PM)Scott Wrote: Really? I thought there can be quite a lot of problems when running just on LPG, especially in the colder/damper months?

I heard this too, running them from cold is a complete ballache.

Also, how close is your nearest LPG fuel station? I have to say that'd be fecking funny, watching you trekking to the nearest lpg station with a jerry can trying to 'catch' the gas as you didn't quite make it lmao I would offer help in advance of this happening, but i genuinely dont know how you can 'jerry can' LPG, in case you do actually run out away from a station. hell you'll never be able to go anywhere in it man!

I'm sorry, Ill stop trolling one day, it's just too much fun lol
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 08:03 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(27-08-2012, 07:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: No im making it heavier again for a fuel system that allows me to run around at about 75ppl rather than 145ppl

And the weight? Tongue

(27-08-2012, 07:58 PM)Scott Wrote: Really? I thought there can be quite a lot of problems when running just on LPG, especially in the colder/damper months?

I heard this too, running them from cold is a complete ballache.

Also, how close is your nearest LPG fuel station? I have to say that'd be fecking funny, watching you trekking to the nearest lpg station with a jerry can trying to 'catch' the gas as you didn't quite make it lmao I would offer help in advance of this happening, but i genuinely dont know how you can 'jerry can' LPG, in case you do actually run out away from a station. hell you'll never be able to go anywhere in it man!

I'm sorry, Ill stop trolling one day, it's just too much fun lol

My friends parents had an LPG van for their business and the nearest station to here is Southampton, so they'd have to do a ~65 mile round trip just to fill up
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 01:18 PM)vlj Wrote: My friends parents had an LPG van for their business and the nearest station to here is Southampton, so they'd have to do a ~65 mile round trip just to fill up

That on it's own would surely negate any actual fuel saving over regular petrol...

And Dum, just re-reading your post, you can't just bung a load more in to increase the calorific value of the charge; that;s like throwing more petrol in; it'll just run rich if you can't get enough air in to burn it... unless I'm misunderstanding how LPG conversions work, in which case I'm happy to be educated!
Thanks given by:
Lpg garage less than a mile from we're I stay ATM Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 19,487 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 341,508 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 160,374 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum