EPIC heater fail this morning.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPIC heater fail this morning.
So got my car running smooth this morning after starting on pure veg. Turned heaters on to hear a pop noise. Now I have no air blowing through anything Sad heater fans are still going. So I drive to work freezing. A flap in the heater box has obviously gone. Anyone had anything like this? anyone bodged without taking dash out?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
From memory of you reach up and under the dash on the passenger side near the centre console there is a lever which controls the flap.
I wedged mine open before, worked a treat
Thanks given by:
Can't just close the recirc flap? Surely that'd force the air from the blower inside somewhere? I haven't had this issue myself though!

Edit - Just realised its the flap for directing over the matrix. Its too early haha. Doh
Thanks given by:
Ill have to have a look at dinner. Really cold without heaters atm. Has to happen when the weather is like this.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2014, 09:07 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: From memory of you reach up and under the dash on the passenger side near the centre console there is a lever which controls the flap.
I wedged mine open before, worked a treat
Ding ding ding. We have a winner!! You win a rep point. Once I get on a pc again Smile [Image: ad374b9e46b7699c674b8cc1d0b2b274.jpg]

And the epic fix. Cable seem broken or disconnected somehow. Cba to sort now. Bodge and worry about later[Image: 6cb5fb476de88bcd258e8b27edc16b2f.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers!
Thanks given by: