Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
engine information??
#1
VF37CDHYE this is my chassis number minus the last 8 digits. Can anyone tell me anything about the engine i got here thanks in advance!! Itwasntme
Knowing my luck its the worst ahaha
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
#2
on the front of your block will be a little dirty silver plate about an inch big with a code, D8A, DHX, DHY, or something similar Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
#3
d.8b???
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
#4
Your car has a dhy in unless it has had a engine change in its life at some point.

But I have a dhy and its fine
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#5
(17-05-2014, 05:13 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: Your car has a dhy in unless it has had a engine change in its life at some point.

But I have a dhy and its fine

yeh it did have a full engine change/belts/gearbox etc in 2008 i have recipts for it 40k ago but they dont specify any engine codes etc.. it cost the poor lad 1.4k lmao at citoren edinburgh. I am confused to what one it is now haha
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
#6
Then it will be stamped on the block for you. Ill take a look at mine kater to see where mine is printed for you. I wouodnt get caught up on it to much. They are all pretty much the same. Its said that the dhy codes had a.batch of them come out of factory with non turbo con rods in them. Causeing them to break and go through the block. Which is probally what happened to the old engine before it was replaced
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#7
sweet man that would be handy! I have tuned the pug somewhat but havnt had a chance to perfect it yet!
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
#8
(17-05-2014, 05:07 PM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote: d.8b???

Is this what is on the plate, on the front of your block?

In that case its a D8B - same as what I have Mine came out of a 1995 Xantia.
#9
(22-05-2014, 09:21 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(17-05-2014, 05:07 PM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote: d.8b???

Is this what is on the plate, on the front of your block?

In that case its a D8B - same as what I have Mine came out of a 1995 Xantia.

[attachment=16407] thats a pic of what i seen.... is this good or bad?? lol

it had an engine change 40k ago at citoren in edinburgh.. i bet it is aswell hope its not a bad thing!! haha
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch VE information bashbarnard 0 1,758 11-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Information about the XUD7 TE engine 306rhys 6 3,591 19-09-2015, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Uberderv

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)