Help remove this spoiler

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help remove this spoiler
Hi guys really fed up looking at the 3 leg spoiler that came on my hdi and want to swap it for a standard ph3 gti one.

Anyway it appears it is bolted in two places on boths side of the bootlid and some kind of adhesive has been used too...

any tips on how to remove it and make a job of it?

how does a standard ph3 one attach?

cheers

[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The glass will smash.
just saying.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 01:20 PM)ginge191 Wrote: The glass will smash.
just saying.

Itwasntme

Undo the bolts for a start. Then get a stanley knife and cut away at the adhesive, pulling the spoiler away as you cut. Will be easier to see what needs done once the actual spoiler is out of the way.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I wait with anticipation.
Ask Jonnyb.

Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 01:30 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I wait with anticipation.
Ask Jonnyb.

Popcorn

As will I. Given that I removed mine with no issues I can only conclude Jonny has the delicate touch of a gorilla with a hammer.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As the bolts aren't through the glass on this one I don't see how it's gonna affect the window!? You will be left with some nice holes in the bootlid though.

The phase 3 one screws through the top metal of the bootlid with one screw each side, you'll need to drill holes outside which match with holes inside. Or you can tiger seal it on if you don't want to drill.
Thanks given by:
Just get another boot lid. The P3 spoiler bolts on through two small holes. Check your bootlid and there should be two small holes at the top on each side covered up by black stickers!
Thanks given by:
^^^^ this is true.

but need to drill two holes in the outer skin of the boot lid to allow those covered holes to be used.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm beginning to think getting another bootlid with spoiler would be easier. because surely the paint will be buggered with the adhesive, nevermind the holes lol.
Thanks given by:
Does all the leds in the brakelight work..? I'll have the light if your taking it off
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 01:41 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Jonny has the delicate touch of a gorilla with a hammer.

lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
All the lights work mate, idea was to remove the spoiler and sell it. But I guess I'd have to get the holes filled, all sanded down and repainted
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 08:27 AM)rd070707 Wrote: All the lights work mate, idea was to remove the spoiler and sell it. But I guess I'd have to get the holes filled, all sanded down and repainted

I'll take it if its not too much, one in mines has only half the leds working. Also chances are youll possibly break the glass if theres been alotta tigerseal etc used if seen a few of these spoilers for sale which have been taking off with bits of glass on the sealant or actually bits of the spoiler missing..
Thanks given by:
Did you ever get this spoiler off..? Willl take the light from it..
Thanks given by:
Use a heat gun to soften whatever has been used to stick it on.
Thanks given by:
it will be pu adhesive ? if so will be stuck like sh*t to a blanket.
try to use a piece of cable such as accelerator, bike brake or gearchange cable----use it like a hacksaw to cut it ??
Thanks given by:
or cheese wire, used it to take windscreens out before, but if your not careful you will either cut the end of your fingers off, or scratch the paint to fu*k
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove spoiler? Bananalad 6 1,842 30-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: MarkTD