Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rear axle
#1
Hi, I'm new here. I have a 2000 1.4 LX 306 and I need to replace the rear axle. On mine I have 3 yellow rings on the red bar and on the replacement one it has 3 purple rings. My wife has also a 2001 1.4 Meridian and this had yellow rings. I've spent hours online trying to find out what they mean and I think they are torsion settings. Question is will using the new one with purple rings alter my rear ride height? Make it stiffer or softer in the suspension?

Thanks in advance.
#2
You're right, the coloured bands (or rings) show different torsion bar sizes.

I'm afraid I don't know what size the purple ones are, but as the 1.4 LX will have the softest and highest possible torsion beam setup, I'm pretty sure that the replacement will be a bit thicker, so stiffer and probably lower.
#3
it won't matter mate, whack it on Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
#4
As above it wont matter too much and they can certainly be swapped over if your worried, the later car probably has thicker bars but measure them and check, 306s werre fitted with between 16 (iirc) and 22mm bars


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear stub axle sizes weka 2 4,001 26-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: weka
  rear axle joe67 4 5,054 25-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot
  rear axle beam tube quality dsm482 10 8,222 22-12-2017, 02:01 AM
Last Post: dsm482

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)