Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Painting
#1
Hey guys,
Im thinking about painting my ph2 bumpers so the black strips are body coloured, how is best to do this to get the best results? I know obvious things like to clean them so remove any dirt and grease from the surface and to prep them well with a decent coat of primer. Is it them best to leave them over night to dry properly before doing the top coat? Any tips would be much appreciated.
#2
I would do a rub down on the whole bumper so its all nice and smooth. Then give it a clean with some pre paint then primer, paint and laquer.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
#3
To be fair mate id just get a replacement p3 bumper if you can find one in the same colour.
Its a proper bitch getting rid of all the textured crap.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
#4
As said the "textured crap" takes ages to sand down I know on my old Astra took me 4 hours to sand the bump strips. But I later on did my cousins Astra which I tried using filler primer then sanding that down. It worked so much easier and sticks to the plastic better with less reactions.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#5
use plastic primer
#6
Buy a ph2.5 bumper will be the best bet lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!



Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Painting/wrapping interior trim Iceman299 4 3,428 04-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Painting outside blaze_the_6 10 5,536 09-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: blaze_the_6
  Spoiler DIY Painting Advice MY95 14 9,040 16-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)