Painting/wrapping interior trim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting/wrapping interior trim
What's the best way of changing the colour of interior plastics, spray painting or wrapping?

Fancy having a go with some poundland primer and paint that i have lying around.
Vinyl wrapping is another option but don't fancy trying it myself and can see it being quite costly getting it done from somewhere.

Any input/ideas welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Wrap the plastics Ice Wink and lemme know how you get on, always fancied it myself

I would imagine: wrap, hairdryer, degreaser and some soapy water would be the starting things...and a squeegee of course

I always thought it would be a nice looking, easy to clean interior wrapped, each to their own though Wink

My preference would have been a dark matte colour Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Which plastics? Dash, centre console door handles roof light switches? All of them?
How about dip coating?
Haven't tried it yet but seen it done on project Bikes and tanks to good effect!
V expensive though but you can have print on the coating if you want to spend big!
Thanks given by:
It's for an E46 bmw. Just the door handle inserts, dash strip and gearstick surround. It's a weird scratched silver effect at the moment, just want it either plain silver/black.

Seen some Rust-Oleum peel coat spray paint at halfords for £9.99, might give that a go today. If it turns out rubbish, can just peel it off
Thanks given by:
Either method will do the job, paint will be easier than wrapping for anything with complex curves. Good prep goes a long way with paint and wrapping is technique.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wing mirror interior trim question clarkey2010 3 1,043 06-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Interior Carpet Trim Issue Orta 2 1,141 24-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Orta
  Painting outside blaze_the_6 10 2,382 09-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: blaze_the_6