ZX Volcane TD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZX Volcane TD
Hi all managed to upload a few picture of the Vulcan bomber, taken just before a trip across Italy to Venice and back.

Trip was 2235 miles in 7 days averaging 48.7MPG not bad for a 230 000 mile car i guess!

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks given by:
sweet car mate, love it . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Wow, that doesn't half look tidy!
Thanks given by:
the last photo was taken at the old Riems race circuit, very spooky as its on a public road a bit like Le Mans but has been left unused since the ealy 70's

(20-11-2012, 12:04 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Wow, that doesn't half look tidy!

thanks, and very kind i guess its just the miles that are against her really but i dont care really its just a great old car.

(20-11-2012, 12:01 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: sweet car mate, love it . . Smile

Thanks Matt, i like it although ive just fitted some steel rims with winter treads this weekend for my daily commute

The only mods are sensible ones really, a set of mtec grooved and dimpled discs with green stuff pads and the usual time related maintenance, rear axle and mounts.
The axle was repaired on the car by Carl at CG cars in Leciester everything else by yours truely

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks given by:
looks tidy mate. the mileage really isnt an issue on a XUD aslong as the cars maintained well. engines are cheap as chips so its not to much hard ship to spend a day swapping engines out

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 12:48 PM)Manlove Wrote: looks tidy mate. the mileage really isnt an issue on a XUD aslong as the cars maintained well. engines are cheap as chips so its not to much hard ship to spend a day swapping engines out

Actually it's doing ok, still drives really well although I guess its lost a few of its horses over the years but never uses any oil and is so comfortable on my daily commute (120 mile round trip)
Thanks given by:
give it a little tune will be a bit quicker thenBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I am tempted!
Thanks given by:
get her screwed our Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Really like this good to see a well looked after zx but still used as a daily. The race circuit riems looks really good would like to have a look around there.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
The old Riems circuit is well worth a look, only a few hours from Calais and just off the A26 motorway.
It's had a bit of renovation over the last few years and access to the grandstands is now restricted but the pit garages (where my car is parked) are open and all that is asked is to respect the buildings.
Beware though it is located on a very busy and fast main road so be careful parking and walking around!
I'll try and dig out some more pictures if you're interested?
Regards
David
Thanks given by:
Finally got piccies of your car up David! Nice one

As mentioned before, she does look very tidy. How long have you had her for now and how many of the miles on the clocks are yours?
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
Hi Steve and all,
Im sorry about the double posts earlier in the thread I'm not a exactly a computer wizard!

I've had the Vulcan for I think either 5 or 6 years this Christmas, I bought it when we bought our house in Castle Donington as a motorway commuter for me as i still work near Sheffield (@600miles per week) and it came with a mere 108k, I'ts now on 231k.. Gulp!

Its only had two owners the last one owning since it was 3yrs old and then me.
I've kept it upto date maintenance wise, servicing etc and the only major items are a radiator and both sides of the rear axle repairing but I guess that's just a mileage/age issue. Other than that just brakes an exhaust and a pair of drop links and handbrake cables.
I'm actually looking today at rear dampers as now the axle and mounts are fresh I'm sure some new shocks would finish the job nicely, any suggestions on brands welcome?
Looking forward to the big 300k!
Dave
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome. I'm very inclined to buy a zx lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
To be honest Matt, I wouldn't have even considered a ZX until I bought a normal 1.9D Aura for my mother in law around 10 years ago, I bought it as it was cheap, from a friend at work and had a full MOT.
The MIL abused it tbh, never serviced it, washed it, mis-fuelled it and it always bounced back and ran great.
I reluctantly scrapped it this summer as it failed its mot spectacularly on welding, burnt out clutch, axle mounts, brake pipes etc! (robbed its sunroof mech for the Vulcan though!)
I was so impressed with the abuse it took, minimal running costs and how well it drove etc when my Volcane came up for sale I couldn't resist it, at least I look after cars!
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2012, 12:14 PM)Zippy121 Wrote: The old Riems circuit is well worth a look, only a few hours from Calais and just off the A26 motorway.
It's had a bit of renovation over the last few years and access to the grandstands is now restricted but the pit garages (where my car is parked) are open and all that is asked is to respect the buildings.
Beware though it is located on a very busy and fast main road so be careful parking and walking around!
I'll try and dig out some more pictures if you're interested?
Regards
David

Yeah i read that it had been renovated does look very interesting though with all the old history behind it. Really do like your volcane aswell though Big Grin
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
Very kind words, glad the old girl has some fans!
Thanks given by:
MOT time tomorrow, fingers crossed!
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 07:00 PM)Zippy121 Wrote: MOT time tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Good luck
Thanks given by:
Passed! Whoop whoop, roll on another 12mths
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 06:43 PM)Zippy121 Wrote: Passed! Whoop whoop, roll on another 12mths

Thats good news mate another 12 months of zx Smile. Your one makes me want one so much.
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
Put up the rest of the pictures you have from Reims please Big Grin
Congrats on MOT
Thanks given by:
Will do, may be the weekend before I get chance, think I may have a bit if video footage too somewhere :-)
Thanks given by:
MOT update, passed with no advisories :-)
Bit of maintenance on Sunday though, a set of new glow plugs.
Lately cold starting had been a somewhat comical affair with the old girl firing on 2 then 3 and eventually all 4 cylinders followed by a 007 esq smoke cloud of unburnt fuel.
A trip to halfords with my trusty trade card saw the problem solved with a set of Bosch glow plugs, smoke free first time starts have now returned...
Thanks given by: