Auto Lights Upgrade - 99p Start!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Lights Upgrade - 99p Start!
Jesus christ... ladies please. Tom is just trying to sell a kit. Who cares what you think. If someone wants to buy it then they will.
Thanks given by:
[Image: carrot1.jpg]

carm down Donkey

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(22-01-2015, 07:16 PM)cully Wrote: carm down Donkey

calm*
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2015, 11:48 AM)Toms306 Wrote: IMO eating should be illegal in cars, as should smoking or fiddling with the stereo...

It is....Not being in full control of the car. People have been and will continue to be done for it if its proved the accident could of been avoided if they weren't doing something other than driving

(22-01-2015, 01:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Think of the mpg you're wasting running lights all the time! Tongue. Reducing bulb life too tbh.

I suppose you could use sidelights all the time...they have literally no purpose imo! If you need lights on, put lights on, not some half arsed tiny bulb lol.

a) *Reducing lamp life. They are lamps. Not bulbs.
b) Sidelights should not be used when driving. It should be no lights (at a bare minimum) in perfect conditions and dipped beam in anything other than perfect basically. Sidelights are for when you are parked at the side of a road hence why on modern cars, they are the only light to be able to be left on with the keys out.

(22-01-2015, 01:20 PM)swampy Wrote: Why does having your lights on effect your mpg?

The altetnator runs the electrics after the initial start

Even running modern ac doesn't overly effect the mpg

My alfa averaged 60mpg on the run to Italy last year, that was with lights and ac on all the way

The alternator loading will change however not a lot at all. Not noticeably anyway and modern cars with smart charge probably don't at all.

(22-01-2015, 01:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Alternator runs electrics...engine runs alternator... Uses more fuel for more load, the electric aux heater in the Foc really eats full on a cold start!

No....the focus uses more fuel not because of the aux heater but because its on its cold start!

(22-01-2015, 04:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(22-01-2015, 01:46 PM)cully Wrote: bulbs get planted in the garden and they last a long time flowering each year!

lamps are consumable items like brakes , clutch's and fuel

A lamp goes on a table for reading...  Why do electrical people call bulbs lamps?  Always annoyed me at college! lol

But still, a clutch isn't a consumable, should last the life of a vehicle!  Besides you don't spin up the wheels everyday and say 'doesn't matter, tyres are consumable'. Tongue

Electrical people call bulbs lamps because they are lamps. Electrical "people" (professionals) use the correct terms. Just like a sparky doesn't go to a wholesaler and ask for a fuse board. He asks for a consumer unit....because thats what it is.

Clutches are consumable items. They are a friction material which of course wears away just like brake pads which are consumable.

(22-01-2015, 04:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How is smoking already illegal? They encourage it with a built in ashtray and lighter!

You find me a modern car where you don't have to pay extra for a smoking pack. most cars have 12v outputs but no lighter or ash tray.

Right, I'm done! lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The fat Datsun has auto lights. Fekking annoying. I Just leave them on all the time.

Shame the 6 lights stay on without ignition. I'd just leave the side lights on all the time.
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2015, 04:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The focus already has auto lights lol...  And I wont be changing that for a while...when I do it'll be for something else with auto everything. Big Grin

now that's been lazy tom Tongue you would have to change your name to Tomslazy
Thanks given by:
Can't believe some of the shit in here!!!

Your lights should be on simple as.

Bulbs are what you plant in the garden - they're called fecking lamps!!! That's a real pet hate!

Your car produces probably 25-35,000Wh of electricity whilst cruising, going up to about 90,000Wh at full power - the headlamps consume a maximum of 110Wh between them... Which does have to be replaced by the alternator, but it's such a small amount the difference is like having a bag of shopping in the car..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Tempted to drive round with all electrics on for a week now to see if theres an MPG difference... lol Unless its placebo, now I know that the temp dial has to be in the red for the aux heater to work (was wondering why it took so long to warm heaters up on mixed lol) the current mpg is lower for the first few miles. Not massively, were talking 1 or 2, but still noticeable.

I still don't get the lamps over bulbs argument....every shop you go in sells light bulbs! Halogen bulbs for the kitchen, energy saving bulbs for the bedroom, ECP/Halfords sell H1/H7 bulbs.... I'm yet to see a shop sell them as lamps. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2015, 08:13 PM)Niall Wrote:
(22-01-2015, 01:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Think of the mpg you're wasting running lights all the time! Tongue. Reducing bulb life too tbh.

I suppose you could use sidelights all the time...they have literally no purpose imo!  If you need lights on, put lights on, not some half arsed tiny bulb lol.

a) *Reducing lamp life. They are lamps. Not bulbs.
b) Sidelights should not be used when driving. It should be no lights (at a bare minimum) in perfect conditions and dipped beam in anything other than perfect basically. Sidelights are for when you are parked at the side of a road hence why on modern cars, they are the only light to be able to be left on with the keys out.

I'm afraid you're wrong there....  Parking lights are for parking.  Sidelights are actually for driving but only for an hour each day apparently (makes you wonder what the point is!).

Lights

• You must use sidelights between sunset and sunrise.
  • You must use headlights at night (between half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise) except on a road with lit streetlights.
  • You should use dipped headlights at night in built-up areas unless the road is well lit, and use headlights at night on lit motorways and roads with a speed limit in excess of 30 mph.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: Auto Lights Upgrade Toms306 9 1,727 20-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  FOR SALE: Gti6 Lights, 106 GTi lights, Cyclones & more Coops69 8 2,678 09-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz