Slam panel problem takes the biscut!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slam panel problem takes the biscut!
Ive just put the 306 hdi all togeather with all the parts I needed. But found a problem the passanger headlamp were the bolt goes through near the grill goes in to far. The headlamp goes in to far yet the passanger side sits perfect with the bonnet.

So I took the bolt out and ajusted the headlamp to see the diffrence There a half inch gap to be ajusted I think the slam panel knackerd?

Slam panels are the ph1 ph2 ph3 all the same?
Thanks given by:
I think ph1 is different due to seperate indicators/headlights, ph 2 &3 the same
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:I think ph1 is different due to seperate indicators/headlights, ph 2 &3 the same

Thanks, I just bought one for £17.50p including postage. Hopefully this should sort out the problems with a decent one.
Thanks given by:
Any idea how many bolts there are to take the slam panel of?

Also were there all located?

thanks
Thanks given by:
4 maybe 5 bolts
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4 bolts. 2 on top and 1 below each headlight. You need to remove the arch liners and get a spanner up there on them. You can leave the headlights, bumper etc on there so it all comes off in one unit. Easier to build it all up off the car tbh
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My slam panel had 5 bolts/nuts
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
The new slam panel arrived today on a Sunday not many deliver on a Sunday. So I will get on with fitting this on very shortly.
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:My slam panel had 5 bolts/nuts

5? Where's the odd one? Lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Had 3 on the O/S and 2 on the N/S trust me lol just ask midnight, he was there when I was taking my front end off and I took 4 off and it wasnt budging... Was still 1 more nut hanging on lol isnt on there any more though ninja
Thanks given by:
French crap! My slam panel does have 2 studs on both sides in all fairness but there has only ever been 1 nut on each side.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide request changing slam panel? scottbmxer 10 2,278 24-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Connor
  Slam panels Ben 5 1,397 25-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Ben