Guide request changing slam panel?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide request changing slam panel?
Is someone willing to type up a guide for changing a slam panel on 1.9dt ??
Thanks given by:
Couldnt be easier mate, two 13mm nuts on top, and then a couple in the arches next to the bumper bolts. Need to take wheels off, arch liners out, washer bottle out, bumper off, then those four bolts and away you go.

not the most detail guide ill give you, but you might be able to get it. Have a poke around and it'll make sense
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Sam you're chatting out of your ass mate, you don't need to take any of that off... There's plenty of space to get your hand up behind by just undoing the arch liners, all you have to so is unplug the head lights/fog lights and disconnect the bonnet release cable, which if its a ph1 is pies easy. Then with the whole front end off, its so much easier to strip things off the slam panel
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but if you don't know where the bolts are, its a fuckton easier with all that off

Thanks given by:
No its not, slam panel bolts are easier to find than the piddly little bumper nuts lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Well, that really depends on the noob level of the person trying to find them, no?

Thanks given by:
I say it does make it easier with all that stuff off. Better ease of access. Especially if you have monkey hands like me
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
No, I'll be easier for a noob to find a 13mm than 2 10mm
Thanks given by:
Yes, but you can't really see shit under there if you've only jacked it up.
From experience it's a lot of work by touch. I've undone the bumper nuts by mistake before. As a noob it's hard to judge the difference between a 13 and a 10
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Eeeexactly what Matt said. Get back in your barn connnooooooorrrrr

Thanks given by:
No its not, a 13mm socket won't fit on a 10mm... Just get a hand up in there and finger around Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam panels Ben 5 1,371 25-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Ben
  Slam panel problem takes the biscut! Welshy_Pete 11 2,685 01-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Niall