Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
suspension upgrade
#1
Hi guy's ive just bought a 306 glx 1.9 dt wicked wee motor but on really hilly roads I find at speed she is bottoming out is there anyway I can stop this cheers
#2
yeah, upgrade your suspension.
Wishes for more power...
#3
How on earth do you bottom out driving on hills? Offorad?! lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#4
Lol u no when ur on a road and its like being on a roller coaster up down up down thats when shes bottoming out
#5
lowered much? . . . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
#6
Then I would say you have an issue with your suspension/you are running too low.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#7
That or your suspension is f*cked.
Doesnt even own a 306.
#8
As above either your running to low on your current set up for the type of driving you are doing


or if its all standerd then your shocks have most likely poped and your spring are really tiered anf gone soft and spoungy.

If its the 2nd upgrade to somthing sportyer

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#9
Think maybe its the shocks and springs are knackered and tired lol whats the cheapiest but a good sping and shocks to buy
#10
prices range.

I have a set of front gti shocks with APEX sport springs on. see my for sale thread for a pic. Top mounts are good.
£40 for the pair delivered.
Wishes for more power...
#11
I dont want to lower it as its a diesel also whats the standard size off wheel for the 306
#12
You dont want to lower it because its diesel lol?
Doesnt even own a 306.
#13
(10-07-2013, 06:12 PM)Grant Wrote: Then I would say you have an issue with your suspension/you are running too low.

You can never run to low. Felt spec=win
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#14
I didnt mean it like tbat I just ment wi it being front heavy lol anyone no what the standard wheel size is for ma pug or what I can run on it as its got saxo vtr wheels on that are 14" and scrubbing on the rear Sad
#15
14/15" standard wheel sizes.

two reasons why may be scurbbing...

wrong wheel offset or rear beam is worn/buggered giving excess camber.

and as to engine weight, all 306s will be nose heavy because the engine is in the front...as with most FWD vehicles...
but the 1.9xud is surprisingly light, lighter than the gti engine
Wishes for more power...
#16
Cheers think I.ll change the wheels and all the suspension Smile


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspension Bushes - Upgrade items? Ruan 39 21,150 17-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Xsara VTS suspension overhaul plus upgrade (hopefully) budd 23 14,586 03-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: budd
  206 suspension users? Rock hard suspension HDIkyle 10 7,968 10-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: puglove

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)