Missing my 306 slightly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing my 306 slightly
Just been flicking through some pictures of meets and my 306's and realised how much fun ive had over the years in these cars and how much i miss my 306
I have decided its not going to be the last 306 I ever own

I plan on getting a phase 1 in a few years and doing a total overhaul and going mad on an engine build as I never did get that 200bhp target well at least not on a dyno anyway best was 169.9bhp with a thrown together car at a total cost of 850 quid

Im still gonna be on here and coming to meets as I wanna stay in touch with you all and the 306's

Just dont hate when I turn up in a 535d lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Awww baby! Going all soppy on us! Haha
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you will always go back to your routes, I did. you never know you may start to put that dream 306 into action. that's what happened to me with the metro. I said that's it with me with them after 2 years of owning one, as some of the owners were switching to R100s at the time. 3 years later my dream specd metro poped up on ebay and the rest is history!
Thanks given by:
See I was just flicking through facebook and this photo made me realise that I REALLY miss my BMW

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=1309]

Reading my project thread reminds me that I'm not allowed to own one though lol.
Thanks given by:
Haha me go all soppy nahh lol

I do really want to finish what I started years ago and have a showroom condition 306

I did the metro thing years ago was epic 1.8 kseries with 45 webbers Smile

Chris that is a slight reason I want a bmw but with 19" runflats that looks a tad costly haha
Thanks given by:
I went for trying to keep my 306 and still got a 525d but now uve lost my job so the beemer is going.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Miss all my old 306's in one way or another, Especially the Ronker. Half the reason I've stuck with the Partner instead of getting a Caddy is the fact it drives like a 306. Still want a Caddy though lol
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I want a phase 1 for my next 306 miss my first which I only got rid of because I found a mint blaze and watched my bro run it into the ground

Always been interested in putting a 2.1 crank in the 1.9 like JP has done as I believe that engine would be immense the pros of the xud9 head with the torque of a 2.1

Iv stil got a 2.1 crank which im going to hold as these cars are really cheap to build up well apart from custom rods but it would be worth the investment in the future

But withthe way my jobs going I could be looking at a company car in the next few years so then a project would be on the cards without a doubt
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 06:18 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Haha me go all soppy nahh lol

I do really want to finish what I started years ago and have a showroom condition 306

I did the metro thing years ago was epic 1.8 kseries with 45 webbers Smile

Chris that is a slight reason I want a bmw but with 19" runflats that looks a tad costly haha

why not buy the 306 you want, keep it on the driveway and build it to the show room spec you want?
it is great fun, having a tinker on with a second car, plus your not pulling the road car to bits either, all you need to remember is that the road car comes 1st. my hdi always comes 1st,
Thanks given by:
JP didnt have a 2.1 in his mate, the engine builder let him down on a rather spectacular scale!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know he never got it done hence the reason I want to eventually as it is a costly build, we both had the same idea but he put it into practise before me
Thanks given by:
Fair one mate! The biggest annoyance with the 2.1 crank is the wider journals. But i guess you would be going forged rods regardless with an XUD. More of an annoyance with a 6 engine.
Thanks given by:
Dosent the 2.2crank have the right size journals IIRC, dont know why more people dont use that.
Thanks given by:
Yes but the 2.1 crank has a longer stroke requiring a totally custom rod of a shorter length to use the 1.9 piston Smile

So cost is much more but can see this catching on soon maybe
Thanks given by:
I would imagine that the difference is negligable for the outlay. Yes the 2.2 cranks are the same afaik and also have 2mm longer throw than even the 2.1 crank. However they are a bit harder to come by for the moment.
Thanks given by:
Ahh I see your talking about the 2.2 hdi one I have a 2.1 and will eventually be using that not sure about the 2.2 and can guess there like rocking horse shit
Thanks given by:
There was one on ebay for months last year for a very reasonable price

give it a couple of years and theyll be plentiful as i reckon there was far more 2.2 units made than 2.1s
Thanks given by:
Yeah possibly not sure om fitment of 2.2 never looked into them but a 2.1 slots nicely into 1.9 bottom end need mine knife edged as JP has had his done but would love to see the outcome of this build
Thanks given by:
Agreed dum dum, its only a matter of time. A bit like the EW10s for 205 swaps.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Peugeot life bashbarnard 19 4,906 28-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Missing my 306 beulah 6 1,708 13-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Missing the 306 scene!!! londondan86 24 5,759 07-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: londondan86