Missing Peugeot life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Peugeot life
As most of you know I defected recently. Not because I hated the cars. Just wanted to learn some new skills on other vehicles , turns out I'm really bad at these skills and basically have to ask for help quite a bit. Bottom line is I miss my 2.1

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
it's all about learning tho' Smile
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
What happened to it?
Why not build another? 406's and the like aren't that pricey, I could have bought a 2.1 406 for £250 this week.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
#toldyouso
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2018, 06:53 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: What happened to it?
Why not build another?  406's and the like aren't that pricey, I could have bought a 2.1 406 for £250 this week.
the 2.1 died a death precups went, then the shell got rusty. Wasnt good. 
(24-01-2018, 07:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: #toldyouso

I always knew i would, told almost everyone id be back at some point but as pointed out. Its important to learn and try new things. If not you dont get anywhere in life.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I guess... You've learnt it was pointless and you should have stuck with the 2.1

:-P
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
its finally happened then Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah this is very very true. I feel another build coming on,......

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
i don't even leave . . . . i know what i am Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Nice tagline update btw
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2018, 03:07 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Nice tagline update btw

touche' sir

(25-01-2018, 02:39 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i don't even leave . . . .  i know what i am Big Grin

we all know what youre mate. its in your tag line
Thanks given by:
Haha, don't forget who's in that club with me soldier Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Must admit it's great being back in a 306 after a few years away Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2018, 02:49 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Must admit it's great being back in a 306 after a few years away Smile

Couldn't agree more albeit months rather than years haha
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
I think im going to keep the seat for a while longer to be fair i quite like it. Might even start a project thread so you guys can have a nose if you want. I think when (not if) i get another 306 itll be a petrol. Probably a little way off as yet though
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2018, 06:57 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I think when (not if) i get another 306 itll be a petrol.

Really?!!!  You're thinking of crossing over from the dark side? Rofl   What's brought that on?
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2018, 08:28 PM)Mighty306 Wrote:
(26-01-2018, 06:57 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I think when (not if) i get another 306 itll be a petrol.

Really?!!!  You're thinking of crossing over from the dark side? Rofl   What's brought that on?

As the only reason i would use it would be thrashing about. nothing else. Where as currently driving a car on the road and sometimes on track diesels are better. far more entertaining to drive day to day. Ive never hated petrols but they are no fun to own daily imo. Silly revs needed, high fuel costs etc. saying this i would happily have a 205 with a hdi lump in as well. that would be awesome

Thanks given by:
Tbh I'd pick up a cheap gti that needs work (which you are more than capable of doing) while there are still cheap ones to be picked up.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2018, 05:23 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Tbh I'd pick up a cheap gti that needs work (which you are more than capable of doing) while there are still cheap ones to be picked up.
yeah this is the genral plan to be fair. probably at some point at the end of this year to be honest for next year. Im in no hurry to do any major projects currently. I have a lot on my plate.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2018, 09:56 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: As the only reason i would use it would be thrashing about. nothing else. Where as currently driving a car on the road and sometimes on track diesels are better. far more entertaining to drive day to day. Ive never hated petrols but they are no fun to own daily imo. Silly revs needed, high fuel costs etc. saying this i would happily have a 205 with a hdi lump in as well. that would be awesome

I've not had that much experience of owning diesels so can't make much of a comparison.  The XND I owned way back was unsurprisingly one of the worst engines I'd ever had in a car.  Massively underpowered, breathless and the exhaust fumes smelt horrible.  Luckily I didn't keep it for long.  The 2.0 16v HDi in the 308 wasn't bad - a very relaxed engine and the car was quick enough, but probably the most boring car I've ever driven.  It did it's job, eating up lots of motorway miles and consistently returning 50+ mpg.  OK for a lumbering, overweight car.  (1450Kg I think).  As you know from other posts, it's gone now as potential bills were mounting, which was disappointing considering its age.

The fact that so many on here love their 306 dTurbo's & HDI's says a lot.  I've never driven one though.  With the 308 I missed the revvy nature of a petrol and don't have any desire to go back to a diesel now.  The XU10J4R (16v XSi) engine pulls well from pretty low revs and is exciting enough for me when you wind it up.  Definitely not hot hatch territory but a strong engine none-the-less, so we'll have to agree to differ on whether a petrol engine can make a good and enjoyable daily.  It really is down to personal preference.  I only have to put about £25 in it every couple of weeks so fuel economy isn't much of an issue.

A modern diesel certainly wouldn't be a practical option for me now. Just don't cover enough miles to justify the extra purchase cost and 4/5ths of my journeys are short, which modern diesel engines don't like much.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing my 306 beulah 6 1,618 13-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Missing the 306 scene!!! londondan86 24 5,455 07-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: londondan86
  Missing photos? dr_jekyll 4 1,245 09-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31