Removing top altantor pulley

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing top altantor pulley
Rainbow 
Hello how do I remove the top altantor pulley from a car with the belt allready off?

Its the black plastic one the reason why mine got lumps in it and will need changing its not smooth. Ive seen one on anther car it spins like hell and smooth and the belt of the car.

But on afew other cars Ive undone the nut with a spanner but it tutches the body work and cant get it off the nut. But ive seen anther car and wandering how do I get it of but the belts of so thats one good thing.

306 hdi

Its to undo the pulley the top plastic one.
Thanks given by:
bump..........
Thanks given by:
Any idea????????
Thanks given by:
I don't really follow what you're asking. Are you suggesting that when trying to withdraw the pulley on the car it is fouling on the bodywork? In which case you can either manipulate the engine on its mounts or take the alternator off altogether.

Or are you asking how to undo the pulley full stop?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 04:23 AM)C2K Wrote: I don't really follow what you're asking. Are you suggesting that when trying to withdraw the pulley on the car it is fouling on the bodywork? In which case you can either manipulate the engine on its mounts or take the alternator off altogether.

Or are you asking how to undo the pulley full stop?

Its to undo the pulley the top plastic one.
Thanks given by:
Theres only one pulley on the alternator though...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
do yoiu mean the idler pulley or the tensioner pulley? as oppossed to the pulley thats on the alternator, so you mean the auxilary belt pulley?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
The idler and tensioner have about 3 13mm blots each holding them on iirc. The alternator pulley has a fuxk off blot through the middle of it. Mine is an 8mm alen key but it varies.

HTH
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crankshaft Pulley - removing bolt? CaptainHair 19 3,469 10-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair