Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Group Buy: GT2052V Volvo inlet/outlet flange
#1
[Image: 5a73f15ef02e87e7bbed93e052a40ce9.jpg]

Borrowed from silverZX's sale thread.

This is the volvo GT2052V which is readily available, cheap (see his thread!) and has had good success.

The outlet flange is easy to find (to 2.5" tube), the inlet is a custom job.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy for a laser cut inlet flange ?
Mild steel 8mm thick. Bevelled if I can get it done too to aid welding.

Thinking around £10 each. Can get the outlet's for £6 at present off the shelf.
Anyone interested ?

1) nom x2 inlet x2 outlet
2) ....
#2
1) nom x2 inlet x2 outlet
2) Paul_13 inlet x1 outlet x1
#3
I find you need more than just a "flange" with these turbos due to the standoff required for clearance, I normally use two plates and a short tube to space it...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#4
Gearbox mounted jobbie over here.

I'm thinking flange as in:

[Image: VIB_14300.jpg]

Rather than an adapter plate like say:

[Image: Passat-A4AdapterFlange1.jpg]
#5
Dependant on price and fitment I'd have one.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#6
(29-01-2015, 10:53 AM)nominous Wrote: Gearbox mounted jobbie over here.

I'm thinking flange as in:

[Image: VIB_14300.jpg]

Rather than an adapter plate like say:

[Image: Passat-A4AdapterFlange1.jpg]

yah so ideally you want a flange done for the exhaust manifold too so you can connect the two, both as easy/hard to knock up as each other ...
#7
Ah sorry thought you were talking about mounting behind the motor.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#8
(29-01-2015, 12:48 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: yah so ideally you want a flange done for the exhaust manifold too so you can connect the two, both as easy/hard to knock up as each other ...

Yep.
Since they are two piece, I don't suppose you happen to know if they are symmetrical when flipped upside down ?
As that would be very helpful if it were...

Am hoping a certain someone has a spare, else I think it's time to start a thread on a GB for that too and likely high interest.
#9
Will this make a gt20 bolt on? 
#10
No. It's just the flange. As darren says you'd need a short tube and another flange to mate to the XUD manifold.
#11
(29-01-2015, 02:16 PM)nominous Wrote: No. It's just the flange. As darren says you'd need a short tube and another flange to mate to the XUD manifold.

Ah damn it, I'll keep an eye out for a gt20 bolt on unit


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: volvo gt2052v - revised nominous 2 3,257 11-07-2020, 10:48 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Group Buy: XUD Exhaust Manifold flange nominous 13 6,421 20-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Breaking: Ph1 306 Bits, GT2052V, TD04L Kit, XUD GBoxes, Bits n Bobs. silverzx 18 12,144 02-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Last Post: daveylennon93

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)